ODT #7

Friendly design and folding competitions.
Baltorigamist

ODT #7

Post by Baltorigamist »

I've never organized one of these before, so feel free to correct me if I'm doing something incorrectly. Anyway, it's finally time for the next Origami Duel Tournament.

For those of you who don't know, the ODT is, as its name implies, a tournament where participants design models based on an agreed-upon topic. Other users then vote to determine the winner, and the next round starts shortly afterward. (It's otherwise similar to the monthly design challenges except on a different timeframe.)

I was asked to be the organizer of the current incarnation of the ODT, so it's time to get participants. All you have to do to enter is post a reply here and be willing to design a few models.

Who's in? :)
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Tankoda

Re: ODT #7

Post by Tankoda »

I'm in! Thanks, Baltorigamist
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

It's been more than a year but it finally started! =D> Thanks Balto
Count me in!
Merlyngami

Post by Merlyngami »

Any idea what the dates will be? I would be interested, but exams are coming up and I may not have time to design. I have the same problem with IOIO :(
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

I was thinking the ODT could start on (or before?) Oct. 1, which would give 2-3 weeks before the IOIO. Then the first round could be finished by the time the IOIO starts.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Tankoda

Post by Tankoda »

I think you could even start it earlier. We could try to set a limit to, say, 16 competitors (or something that will work out for a good tournament setup), and a deadline so we can start early. I don't think there should be any rounds during IOIO month because that takes a LOT of time
Bodo

Post by Bodo »

I'm in !
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

Tankoda -> Okay, that makes sense. We have four people already (counting Merlyn), so let's see how many more enter. Maybe we could start it with 8 people.
I have college and work, but I'm willing to enter too if everyone's fine with that. So we'd only need 3 more in that case. (There's always the option of giving byes if need be.)
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Tankoda

Post by Tankoda »

Last ODT, 20 people signed up
Hopefully we can get past 8 this time.
Folderp

Post by Folderp »

I'll enter. Here's to hoping I'll be finished ODS2 by then.[-o< I'm almost done chapter 12. Although... I don't think I'll be able to post anything between 15 September and 18 October, and I don't have much experience designing. If me entering results in an ugly number, feel free to kick me out.
My flickr
I finally got me some mc!
greencube07

Post by greencube07 »

I'll enter. I started up the last ODT, I gave up on the progressor position cause me nyself was a bit late and many of the partipants were late or didn't reply. And again, people were interrupting the progress by trying to progress the ODT on their own,not listening or before progresser posts, so I gave up the position(there's no meaning to the progresser if each participant trys to take over the process of the event)
Hope Balto does well on that position and hope people does keep the deadline :)
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

It's been a while since anyone's entered, so are you all okay with starting the ODT now? This way we can have about 3.5 weeks for designing before the IOIO starts.
I randomized the names (counting Merlyn as an entrant), so this is how I'm going to set out the first round:
1. Merlyn vs. 4. Greencube
2. Tankoda vs. 5. Baltorigamist
3. Bodo vs. 6. Folderp
7. NeverCeaseToCrease would get a bye to the second round.

I also had an idea for how to set up the second round without having three-way duels (in the event of someone dropping out): We could have each first-round winner duel the other two, and the first to win two duels would win the ODT as a whole.

Let me know what you all think, and good luck to everyone!
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Merlyngami

Post by Merlyngami »

Sorry everyone, I don't think I'll have time to get anything designed and therefore won't enter. NeverCeaseToCrease can go against Greencube instead
Tankoda

Post by Tankoda »

Cool
Folderp

Post by Folderp »

All we need now is a topic. Any ideas?
On the other hand, me vs bodo? I have no chance. Still, I'll try...
My flickr
I finally got me some mc!