Doing a Model without diagram or CP

Friendly design and folding competitions.
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

Do you have other views of it. Maybe a front view of the ears?
ahudson
Forum Sensei

Post by ahudson »

That was fun! I haven't reverse-engineered much recently, I forgot how much I like doing it. IMHO it's way easier than designing a good model...

I'll draw up a CP as soon as I get permission from Seth Friedman, the creator of this design. (Ragnorax, next time you should give credit when you use someone else's model and photo)
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

Wow Ahudson! It looks identical!
Ragnorax

Post by Ragnorax »

O great job ahudson, its excellent :D looking forward to the CP. I did post a link to where i found the model in another thread (titled "Dollar Bunny"). I just forgot to post it again here when i was referred to this thread. whoops :roll: Thanks for taking the time though.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

It is time for a new challenge. Make this dog by Stephen Weiss
I am almost positive that the folding process is similar to the Scottie of the same autor in Origami Zoo
Elboberto7

Post by Elboberto7 »

i just finished with that but my camera was ruined white river rafting in alaska :( ill try to post pictures sometime or another.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

Elboberto7 wrote:i just finished with that but my camera was ruined white river rafting in alaska :( ill try to post pictures sometime or another.
I am eager to see those pictures. I have worked on this model for a while and I got the body right (which is not much different from the original model), but the head still has a long way to go.

Congratulations on your achievement and sorry about the camera.
Elboberto7

Post by Elboberto7 »

well i hope you get it right
--Nick
ahudson
Forum Sensei

Post by ahudson »

You guys need to learn to cite the original photo! It's from a Picasa Album of Andrew Hans: http://picasaweb.google.com/dribalz/OUS ... 7014278434

I reverse-engineered this in just over an hour. The head was pretty easy, it's the body that gave me trouble-- I still think the back feet might be wrong, but it's the best solution I could find. The folding's messy too, but given how expensive each sheet is I'd rather reverse-engineer something else instead of refold it :roll:

A query on the o-list got a response from Andrew Hans saying this was a Schnauzer, not a Scottie; but as diagrams for this model haven't been published anywhere, nobody knows for sure.

This doesn't seem to share much with the scottie from Origami Zoo, although Stephen Weiss may very well have a different structure entirely.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

Congratulations ahudson, of course i couldn't be sure it Weiss' model is the same as yours but from the outside yours looks pretty similar.

Not just because I was the one who started this topic long ago, but this is one of my favorite threads on this forum.
Elboberto7

Post by Elboberto7 »

ya its quite fun trying to figure out models and seeing people succeed and about the next model lets try this box by chris palmer

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40876900@N06/3766598922/
--Nick
ahudson
Forum Sensei

Post by ahudson »

Seriously, this is the third time I've said this in the past page or two of this topic... you need to cite where you got the photo from, it's a nice thing to do.

I created something similar last October:
Elboberto7

Post by Elboberto7 »

ok ill try to figure it out im new man sorry

and i mean ill try to figure out how to cite

Double post merged by Moderator. Use the Edit Button!
--Nick
ahudson
Forum Sensei

Post by ahudson »

It's not hard... all you have to do is post the address of the page you got the picture from.
Elboberto7

Post by Elboberto7 »

i know im not very good with computers is what i am saying
--Nick