Discussion - Monthly folding thread

Friendly design and folding competitions.
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

Android raptor wrote:do Pokemon count?
Some Pokemon would probably count, if you can find the source fantasy creature it was based on. The d20 Shocker Lizard, for example, bears an uncanny resemblance to a certain annoying yellow Pokemon...
Finward

Post by Finward »

So, for the august challenge, transformers is ok, but we must avoid TRANSFORMERS???? :?
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Well, I personally have nothing against anyone folding "TRANSFORMERS", so go ahead. It really depends how well you can fold it, I guess.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Fishgoth

Post by Fishgoth »

No, feel free to fold images relating to the 'robots in disguise (TM)' Transformers (TM). If you want to fold an Optimus Prime (TM), then feel free.

Only please make it the toy/cartoon version, and not the one from the lousy, plot-free, childhood-memory-destroying, cashing-in movie that I had the misfortune to sit through last week.
I once set up an origami PLC. But the business folded.
Finward

Post by Finward »

I liked the movie... :oops:, but as you wish...
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Well you see, my idea for the contest wasn't necessarily to fold a vehicle that transforms into a robot. I know it's kind of hard to do. TRANSFORMERS was only the title I gave to this month's challenge. What I had in mind was simply to create something that has at least two forms. Hope that makes it less difficult.
araknoid

Post by araknoid »

Finward wrote:I liked the movie... :oops:, but as you wish...
yeah me too!
1. the young hero's t-shirt (all hail the television! ops no i mean the strokes!)
2. the two girls :shock: :oops: :D
3. stereotype characters that work
4. dialogue difference: pompous mechanic robot beings that try to imitate human language, "failed" humans that speak poorly, resulting very cute, little, fragile compared to a universe spanning war of alien proportions

i'm a fan of the old cartoon even if i prefer 70's robots from japan, and very happy to see again starscream being yelled at... very good remake!
(take the new kotetsushin jeeg.. that is superflous...maybe)

yeah i know it's slightly off topic sorry!

... but...
a transformer by finward? i wouldn't say no!
:wink:
Fnord