2008 OUSA Design Challenge

Friendly design and folding competitions.
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

I am looking forward to the 2008 challenge, and I bet a lot of other people out there are too.( (I have not yet entered in one, but I plan to next year). The topic is "still under discussion" :evil: , so I thought it would be fun to speculate on some good design challenge topics (perhaps we will hit on the actual topic for next year, or at least get some good ideas for monthly challenges on the forum).

I'll throw out a couple:

An animal/insect/whatever from a triangle. There are not (to my knowledge) all that many things folded from triangles, and it might be a neat idea to explore.

A hummingbird moth. I saw these when I was in Italy and I looked up some pictures of them. They are apparently any of several moths in the family of Sphinx Moths. Here is a pretty good site about them with some good pictures (The one I saw was a Hummingbird Clearwing Moth).
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

The topic is still under discussion because everyone that participated gets a vote on what it should be out of I think ten choices. So I have no idea when they will have the final results of that vote.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

Dave Brill has used equiliteral triangles to great success with some of his designs. Like his horse and also lion.
Check it out!
I'm not a fan of any shape other than squares (when it comes to origami), I stick to the "purist form".
Happy folding
DZIGGITAI

Post by DZIGGITAI »

the topic was decided a while ago. I can't imagine they would want to keep it secret, but just in case, I'll refrain from saying what the topic is for now.