Monthly Folding Challenge - November 2007

Friendly design and folding competitions.
firstfold
Forum Sensei

Frog on a pyramid

Post by firstfold »

Here is a Frog to add to the aquarium.
The combined Frog and Pyramid base are one 5 by 15 rectangle.
Charles "Doc" Santee
Flicker: https://www.flickr.com/photos/firstfold/
See action origami on Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/user/firstfold
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

OK, I guess the time has come to announce the winner of November's challenge. It went from 3 entries by the middle of the month to many very good entries at the end, making the judging quite difficult!
Again, Firstfold had some very good combination models. Johnnycakes' Kraken is good, but the photo is a bit poor (sorry Johnnycakes). We even had 2 of the same models (the Pearl Oysters). So judging is difficult. No offense to the non-winners!

So here goes...drum roll...

In third we have a tie. Yes, a tie. Although the Pearl oysters are different from one another, I think they are both worthy to be on the podium. So congrats to Gadi Vishne and Origami_8!

In second place, is Cupcake for his Long nosed Butterfly fish. The colour-changes are nice. His Goldfish was also a popular entry in this competition.

So, in first place... another drum roll.....
Congratulations to quesoonfire for the Swordfish. although the dorsal fin is not exacly like the one you'd find on a swordfish, the dorsal fin is what I base my decision to make quesoonfire the winner. quesoonfire makes use of a technique not seen often in origami. I think it has alot of potential!

Congratulations again to all who participated in this competition.
I will post a new entry with December's competition theme.
Quentin
quesoonfire

Post by quesoonfire »

Than you very much qtrollip :D . I look forward to judging the December challenge.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Great job on the swordfish. I hope to see more designs folded by you in the near future.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

Awww I really need to get a camera. Perfectly understandable though-thanks for the mention!