New (almost) models challenge

Friendly design and folding competitions.
Brimstone
Buddha

New (almost) models challenge

Post by Brimstone »

I couldn't find the other thread with this same topic so I am starting a new one. During the weekend I talked to an origami creator an he mentioned doing zodiac models he had never seen. He mentioned that the sagittarius would have to have a bow. Until today I did not know any centaurus with bows but I found Fernando Gilgado http://www.pajarita.org/usuarios/gilgad ... struos.htm# has one with bow included. So that one was done before.

I checked for other zodiac models at the origamidatabase and it mentions there are geminis but I've never seen them, same with libras (one even by Yoshizawa), capricorns (remember it is not just an ordinary goat it has a fish tale), aquarius has been done by Hojyo and there is one pisces model so I guess my friend will have to look for other subjects in case he sticks with "original" ideas.

Since I had to do the research I just wanted to let creators of this forum know of some not-so-common models in case they have been searching for ideas.
wolf
Forum Sensei

Re: New (almost) models challenge

Post by wolf »

Brimstone wrote:Since I had to do the research I just wanted to let creators of this forum know of some not-so-common models in case they have been searching for ideas.
Let's extend this further, beyond what's only in the zodiac - lots of constellations have mythical origins, so there's a lot of fresh material there! Seiji Nishikawa has done a few already (see his book), with colour changes to represent the main stars, but there's plenty more to do, either following Nishikawa's abstract style or using a more representative approach. Here's a nice webpage with pictures and descriptions:
http://domeofthesky.com/clicks/constlist.html