Monthly Folding Challenge - November 2008

Friendly design and folding competitions.
T

Post by T »

Hello its been a while ive been very busy over the last year and haven't really been keeping myself updated on the origami world...

I found these old photos of models I made for a friends birthday a few years back:

They're both multipiece and not of the highest quality.. but they fit the theme quite well!

Tim

Edited by moderator: DON'T disable BBCode if you want pictures to be displayed...
JVega

Post by JVega »

Haha, really funny, what about folding Luigi? You only need to change the paper color and the composition would look great =P
"Keep On Folding!!"

anermak
Buddha

Post by anermak »

This is only the first version, the second will be much more realistic, but unfortunately I do not done before the end of the Challenge-November , it is very difficult ... He has 96 teeth, 64 snakes and 18 schupalets. Time folding 20-30 hours recommended by the square of 1m-1m, I used a 45-45 cm and is very sorry about this - it was very painful and difficult ..
ilyennevnincs

Post by ilyennevnincs »

Hi my creations, they are the ghosts from Pacman:

JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

Hah, nice work, Andrey.
Does it have the "feet" or "roots" or whatever they are? Or is your revised version going to have them?
juston

Link!

Post by juston »

Hey all, I'm absolutely new here (though I have lurked for a few months)...

When I saw this month's challenge I knew I had to post something... then Rdude mentioned Link. Since he's one of my favorite video game characters and I mostly choose humanoid subject matter when folding he seemed like a great choice.

He's even got the Master Sword like Rdude requested (though he doesn't have the "and everything"... unless you consider a shield "and everything").

He's sort of the little, cute Link of the earlier games... here's what I largely used for reference...

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/4064 ... ncejk0.png

Anyways, I hope I haven't committed some huge faux pas by making a challenge my first post or by barely getting this guy in under the wire or something. It's been great fun participating in my first challenge and I look forward to more.

Juston.

PS: Love the Dullahan, BluePaper.
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

juston! welcome to the forum, that model is very nice, simple and unique, very good job! :D
juston

Post by juston »

chesslo wrote:juston! welcome to the forum, that model is very nice, simple and unique, very good job! :D
Thanks! :D
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

are you making cease pattern for it? :wink:
Sadarac

Post by Sadarac »

thats cool. i would like to try to fold that if you made a cp/diagramm!
Origami forums design group viewtopic.php?p=49612#49612
"When you put a crease in a piece of paper, You're essentially changeing the memory of that piece." - Erik Demaine (from "Between the Folds")
juston

Post by juston »

chesslo wrote:are you making cease pattern for it? :wink:
HAHA, I guess I could... I'd want to maybe refine it a bit and add a little more "and everything", if you know what I mean. I really rushed this one just to get it in before the deadline. I had this grand plan to make it a color change model and I just didn't have the time to fully work out and implement that. I'll definitely be reworking this model in the future and I'll release that CP if people are interested enough (and if they aren't I'll just send it to you :P).
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

OK, just don't forget to send it to me lol! :D
Sadarac

Post by Sadarac »

dont forget me!
Origami forums design group viewtopic.php?p=49612#49612
"When you put a crease in a piece of paper, You're essentially changeing the memory of that piece." - Erik Demaine (from "Between the Folds")
Max

Post by Max »

Nice one, juston!
Welcome to the forum :-)

max
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

And the contest is over...
I must say, this month's contest really impressed me. I honestly didn't think there would be this much participation (since not everyone is familiar with video games) and was almost surprised when I saw no Cloud models. I also wanted to add one of my models I'm currently working one, but I couldn't finish in time unfortunately.
Anyway, it was pretty hard to judge as there were many models I liked. Now, on with the results...

3rd place : Madarko - Mushroom
I seriously doubt that you can make a mushroom from Super Mario Bros more ressembling than this one. The flat version looks just as good as the rounded one.

2nd place : Adam and romane - Pong scene
I just couldn't decide which version was the best between the two. This model was just so obvious that I never would've thought about designing it. It's just simplicity at it's best.

1rst place : juston - Link
One of my favorite video game character as well. This one looks like a Link from the earlier era. What I like the most about this model is it's unique style (and it's very cleanly folded too), and it was enough for me to grant it first place.

Congratulations for everyone who participated!

The next topic for december should be out soon.