Monthly Folding Challenge - July 2009

Friendly design and folding competitions.
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 »

Well, after seeing how amazing everyone else's statues are (props to all of you!), I doubt I have much of a chance, but here mine is:

Astor Place Cube: http://blogblabbin.files.wordpress.com/ ... /alamo.jpg

My wrongly-colored version:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28960039@N05/?saved=1
Sorry about the horrible lighting.

As easy as this may look, it was VERY annoying to get a simple cube with a flap coming out of on corner. It literally took me hours!!! But, I am horrible at designing new models still.
Fishgoth

Post by Fishgoth »

Some really superb works of art there, folks.

Tanvuong85 is this month's judge, so he/she makes the final call.

Although Victoria's Bronze horseman is an excellent model, it is disqualified as she set the image challenge for this month ;-)

One day left folks; let's see what you've got...

Fishy
I once set up an origami PLC. But the business folded.
Fishgoth

Post by Fishgoth »

Right, I've emailed Tanvuong85 as a reminder yesterday, and heard no answer. If there is no reply in 24 hours then, as the chap who started this whole contest off, I'll choose a winner and choose a topic.

Fishy
Fishgoth

Post by Fishgoth »

Right, still no reply. As we are three days into August, as the chap who started this whole contest off, I'll step in as a standby judge.

An honourable mention to Victoria Serova for her Bronze Horseman - this would be a close contender for top place. However, she set the contest for this month, so is disqualified on a technicality.

In third place, we have Doc Santee's Sky arch - simple, yet elegant.

In second place, we have Wizmatt's Alfred the Great, which has more than a touch of Eric Joisel about it.

And the winner...well, it had to be Sunburst's Statue of Liberty - an amazingly detailed piece of work, which represents the original exquisitely.

Sunburst gets to judge the August contest, and choose a topic for September. The topic for August is "Kamiya Satoshi in less than 30 steps". Read the thread to see what on earth I am on about...