Origami in Los Angeles area?

Friendly design and folding competitions.
glenno

Origami in Los Angeles area?

Post by glenno »

Hello, please pardon me if this isn't right forum to post this in (I'll gladly repost in the right area).

Any fairly advanced origamists in the Los Angeles area want a challenge? I'm seeking an origami cupid ASAP, based on Quentin Trollip's terrific design: viewtopic.php?p=29579

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2386/151 ... 3054ea.jpg

Feel free to send me a PM for more info if interested! It's a fun little project.

Thanks!
glenno

Post by glenno »

P.S. There'd be some compensation and a credit in a very short film, if desired.
glenno

Post by glenno »

One last post... if anyone might be interested, it'd be needed by the end of this week. Given the rush, we can discuss fair compensation.

Thanks!
glenno

Post by glenno »

Just wanted to update and share some lovely folding.

Several people kindly offered, and two talented people folded -- Joel Stern and Jared Needle. I used Joel Stern's in my project, and Jared's as a memento.

The project was a crazy little 3-minute short film. The origami was needed for a 15-second homage to BLADE RUNNER.

Thanks again to Quentin Trollip for his terrific design and permission, and to Joel and Jared for their fine, fast folding!

I snapped a photo of Joel's shiny Cupid in the Bradbury Building in L.A., and liked how it looked so much I made a little "poster" for my film (ha -- a poster for a 3 minute film!). Here it is:

Got 3 minutes? Here's the film. Description on the YouTube page. Please click on at least 480p (preferably 720p HD) and restart, so it looks better. (May take a few moments to load up enough.) Also looks better if you increase the size by clicking the little right-angled arrow symbol beneath the video (but not the full screen button).

Hope you enjoy!

Glenn