Monthly Folding Challenge - March 2010

Friendly design and folding competitions.
M Deutsch

Post by M Deutsch »

I ripped my tree in some last minute shaping :P I'll need to refine the design. Great entries everyone!
- Matthew
syribia

Post by syribia »

Hello everybody,

I have to say that it was very hard to decide because all the entries were great. Congratulations to everyone who participated. :)

Here are the winners:

3rd place: Palm Island by Oswalakhil and Rose by Anemark
I think the Palm Island is a very cool and original model. On the other hand, I really love Anemark's rose, it is breathtaking. However the creases all over the petals make it look a little bit artificial... Finally, the color changes in both models are amazing. :)

2nd place: Firstfold's Peanut.
All your entries were brilliant but the peanut is excellent. :)

And the first place goes to:

Pine cone and acorn by Beth =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Very beautiful, clean and elegant models. They are amazing!!! Congratulations =D> =D> =D>

April's challenge is "Means of transportation" with Beth as judge. Also she has to come up with a new challenge for May.

Happy folding!
firstfold
Forum Sensei

Post by firstfold »

Congratulations to all. I really enjoyed all the entries and was totally amazed by all.

Therefore, - you will find "no negative comments from the peanut gallery" here !

If you remember the origin of this phrase and/or the Howdy Doody peanut gallery - you are way too old (just like me).

Doc
Charles "Doc" Santee
Flicker: https://www.flickr.com/photos/firstfold/
See action origami on Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/user/firstfold
Beth

Post by Beth »

Wow, thanks so much! Very cool! Congratulations to everyone, so many wonderful models :D I especially loved the peanut!

I'm looking forward to judging this month's models, and picking a topic for the following month. Thanks again!

Beth