Just an idea to help us improving our CP skills

Friendly design and folding competitions.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

You can find pictures of the finished model on Hoyjo Takashi's homepage at http://www11.ocn.ne.jp/%7Eorigami/shasi ... carus1.htm
sabrigami

Post by sabrigami »

ooh.. :shock: where did you find the cps for hojyo takashi's work?
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

It would be difficult to give you hints from the base to the finished model, since it takes more than 50 steps
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

CPs and Diagrams of Hojyo Takashi´s work are as long as I know only available in Tanteidan Convention books and Magazines, see Origami-Database.
gubeauss

Post by gubeauss »

The cp for Hojyo takashi's icarus base can be found there:
http://www.geocities.co.jp/HeartLand-Oa ... nhyou.html
with also cps for others model of him (2).
sabrigami

Post by sabrigami »

my dream is to have a website (sort of like that spanish one that talks about cps) that takes you through all the steps to solve an entire cp with pictures and diagrams and so on. you know, you just find the model you're looking for and it shows you the steps to colapse the base and to finish the model. all in one place. that way if people want to solve a cp you just go to the site and presto! all the info you need. :D
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

But wouldn't that take away all the fun of solving a creasepattern?
In the end that would be like folding a model with diagrams, and the feeling of success after completing a model with creasepattern alone is much greater.
I think a good trade-off would be to have the necessary information on how to find the landmarks of a creasepattern and maybe a picture of the base after collapsing as well as many pictures of the finished model from all sides to help you folding/shaping the details.
sabrigami

Post by sabrigami »

Well that's true for those who like that type of challenge. but I really don't. I'm just saying it's for those who need help to solve a part of it or the whole thing without getting all stuck. I want to fold a lot of cps but they're very hard for me to figure out. Not everyone likes complete solutions, but you don't have to look at the solutions either. It's more of an idea to those less skilled at these things. I not trying to take the challenge away for other people. and what's wrong with having diagrams? I like them more then cps.
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

This page might be interesting for you:
http://staro.s7.xrea.com/tenjijyou.html

For some of the models there are creasepatterns including a lot of pictures of the finished models and help on how to find the landmarks in the CP.
It's a bit difficult to navigate if you don't know japanese, just make sure to check out all the links you can find :wink:
thut

Post by thut »

does anyone know if there is a shop in japan where the magazines are avaliable, a friend of my mothers going to japan soon, and may be able to get them(if there is a shop)
thut

Post by thut »

another question, can anyone translate the text under the cp for icarus, it might contain useful information
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

For online japanese pages you can use the following dictionary to translate. It does not give a complete translation but helps quite a lot:

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi- ... dic.cgi?9T
thut

Post by thut »

I looked in the origami database for the diagram and could not find it. Are the diagrams out of print?
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

Suggest fold Mekawa devil. 2. OK this its easy pattarn. :wink: