Quoting

Everything you need to know about the Origami Forum.
origami_8
Administrator

Quoting

Post by origami_8 »

Dear members!

Lately it caught my attention that there is a big trend of overquoting. What is very annoying in mails, becomes a lot more annoying here on the Forum, where everyone can just scroll up a little bit to read what was previously written. Especially if it was written just in the post before, you don't need to quote the full text!
If you want to answer to a special part of someone's statement it's ok to quote this special part but not more. Instead of quoting, you can also just write To "Name of the person you want to quote".

It seems that some of you haven't seen so far that you can answer to a topic without quoting. To do so just click on the "Post Reply"-Button at the bottom of the page. Oh, and by the way there are these useful buttons on your keyboard called "backspace" and "delete", you can use them to delete all the unnecessary text, if you really want to quote someone.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

Anna, you try to create problems, where no problems are. I'm pretty sure that not many (or even nobody else) have problems with what you call "overquoting". it may "only" be a personal problem of yourself. I don't have problems with quoting, as long as the quoting-function is used, because you can actually see what of the text is a quote and what not. it only starts to confuse me, when people quote with simple text, or doesn't give you a glue, which of the words are their own and which not.
maybe the gang should throw in their two pennies to make clear, if anybody else has problems with... hmm... overquoting.

so here's my first poll:

viewtopic.php?p=10402#10402