How do I ask for help on a model

Everything you need to know about the Origami Forum.
markimoop

How do I ask for help on a model

Post by markimoop »

I have a model that I want to make but the rules state that I cannot link crease patterns without the permission of the oc of the model. They posted intermediate steps for the process but since I am a novice I could not even get to the second part of the process. How do I ask for help then? Sorry but I am new here. Thank you for your time.
OrigamiasaEnthusiast

Re: How do I ask for help on a model

Post by OrigamiasaEnthusiast »

First off, welcome to the forum! What is the model called and who is the creator? It is more likely that someone will be able to help if you give that information. Also, this topic and these sort of topics should be in diagrams and crease patterns.
Good luck folding!
(The other members might be able to help you more on this though.)
"Ethics are annoying, I avoid them on principle."-B. Katt
Can't delete account, so I'll open up a new one indefinitely in the future.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

You can't post the diagrams/cp if you had to pay for it, but if you're working on a cp that was publicly available, for example you found it on someone's flickr, or something, I think it's ok to post. Also, even if you're struggling with something from a book, you can just say like "I'm stuck on step 16" or something without actually posting it, because chances are if someone has the book they can look up step 16 on their copy and help you.
OrigamiasaEnthusiast

Post by OrigamiasaEnthusiast »

Good wording, NeverCeaseToCrease! But yes, if a crease pattern or diagram is publicly available, especially when the oc posted it on their flickr or something, chances are that you can post/link it.
"Ethics are annoying, I avoid them on principle."-B. Katt
Can't delete account, so I'll open up a new one indefinitely in the future.