Potential Spam bots(This is a observation)

Everything you need to know about the Origami Forum.
OrigamiasaEnthusiast

Potential Spam bots(This is a observation)

Post by OrigamiasaEnthusiast »

Disclaimer: This is an observation by me, which I identified as a potential spam problem. If it turns out otherwise, well, this is just an observation :oops:
Hello all. I have noticed a lot of new members with names ending with 'cron'. Also, on their profiles I have noticed all the locations are Russia,their occupations and interests are in Russian(Bulgarian??), and I have seen less members lately in the member count, with 1 less in the next day(deleted?), and their websites are links to business websites. This is an observation, this may not be a spam bot problem, but I am still alerting the mods, just in case.
Thank you mods for all you do for the forum, just letting you know(about both the spam problem and thanking you)!
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
P.S.
Cron means "The origin of the name cron is from the Greek word for time, χρόνος (chronos). Cron is most suitable for scheduling repetitive tasks. Scheduling one-time tasks can be accomplished using the associated at utility."
:shock:
Sounds like spam to me.
However, plenty of new users are coming in that are perfectly wonderful, don't get me wrong, who contribute some helpful stuff.(Can I even say "new users" when I am so new to the forum?)
"Ethics are annoying, I avoid them on principle."-B. Katt
Can't delete account, so I'll open up a new one indefinitely in the future.
origami_8
Administrator

Re: Potential Spam bots(This is a observation)

Post by origami_8 »

Thanks, I'll have a look at it.
If you notice something like this in the future, you can just pm me, I'll take care of it.
OrigamiasaEnthusiast

Re: Potential Spam bots(This is a observation)

Post by OrigamiasaEnthusiast »

Sure!
"Ethics are annoying, I avoid them on principle."-B. Katt
Can't delete account, so I'll open up a new one indefinitely in the future.