How to insert pictures

Everything you need to know about the Origami Forum.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Hi Allisia,

You have to enable BBCode in your posts to insert pictures so that they show up (I've done so for you on the last two posts).
The picture doesn't show up, because the url does not end with .jpg or .gif, so the only possibility to show it is to create a clickable link or upload it elsewhere.
mike352

Post by mike352 »

I've never tried posting pictures before today. I tried highlighting the url for a Flickr picture, and clicking the Img button, but the picture didn't show up.
origami_8 wrote: The picture doesn't show up, because the url does not end with .jpg or .gif, so the only possibility to show it is to create a clickable link or upload it elsewhere.
Does this mean that Flickr pictures cannot be displayed automatically since the url doesn't end in those extensions?
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

nope. if you view a flickr picture in the flicks page (not fullsize) you can rightclick the picture and chose "copy link location". I don't know if that's the exact term in an english system but it should be something like that (like "copy picture location").

by doing this you will change this
http://flickr.com/photos/83494164@N00/37065137/

into that
just remove everything after the .jpg of the picturelink.

Christian
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

If you want to post the pictures directly on the forum, you need to right-click "copy image location". If it's from Flickr, make sure you erase the ?v=0 at the end. The code you're using can only be linked with a URL. Anyway, it doesn't even work. It says "This is not the page you're looking for". Apparently, "It looks like you're trying to see something in garryw16's photostream".

http://flickr.com/photos/3001/2592994542_5bae1de1dc

See?
I've fallen down, and I can't get up.
My Flickr
insaneorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by insaneorigami »

"?v=0"? I have never had that.. ...I just right click on the pic, click "properties" highlight the url, hit "ctrl+c", press "Img", hit "ctrl+v" press "Img*" and bam I'm done! I have never seen a "?v=0" at the end (and btw, yes, I am using flickr)... ..mabye it's just something with my PC
mike352

Post by mike352 »

It is very common in Flickr - it is in all the public pictures other than the ones when you click on "All Sizes". I tried it on different browsers as well as whether I'm logged in to my account or not. I'm confused why you don't see that ...
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

If you right-click (control-click for us Mac people) on the picture on the photo page, the page were people can make comments, etc., and select copy link, the copied url will end with ?v=0. If you go to all sizes and get the link from one of the pictures there, it will not have that suffix. Also, if you get the link from the small photo on the Flickr page, where multiple photos are seen, it will not have ?v=0 either.

If when you paste the link you see ?v=0, delete that part.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Oh well and when going to the all size pictures please take the medium sized picture or delete the "_b" or "_s" before the picture ending (.jpg).
westjoelwest

Post by westjoelwest »

To insert the image into the post, just click on to "Img" button 2 times and between those 2 tags insert URL of the image.
childofsai

Post by childofsai »

I've not been successful in making a "clickable" picture -- i.e. combine the IMG and URL codes, as described earlier in this thread.
Is this actually possible? I've seen quite a few posts on the forum where you see:

URL=<WEBSITE> [DISPLAYED PICTURE] </URL>
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

[url=website][img]picture_link[/img][/url]
childofsai

Post by childofsai »

origamimasterjared wrote:[img]picture_link[/img]
This is what the code is, but it doesn't show properly for me when I see it in preview. I still see the example as I mentioned above.

Here's a live example I found:

viewtopic.php?p=61808#61808
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4cBMUF6ZbU

oh I forgot to mention that you have to type an "=" after the first URL :)
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Taking your example here is what Andrew wrote:

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ahudson/3938624716/][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3529/393 ... 0daa_m.jpg[/img][/url]

In short:
[url=link][img]picture link[/img][/url]
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

Since an important number of people in these forums use Flickr for storing pictures i thought I would comment on a new situation. Recently flickr added a feature by which you can tag people on pictures. This messed up with many other things that Flickr had and currently right clicking on pictures do not show you the picture path.

The work around is that you have to go to the All Sizes scetion and from there copy the path. Hopefully this will be solved some day soon.