Spam posts

Everything you need to know about the Origami Forum.
phillipcurl

Re: Spam posts

Post by phillipcurl »

thank you, thank you so much Saj. I was so annoyed be that it was unbearable!
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
Tahaorigami

Post by Tahaorigami »

Hello. Can anyone tell me what spamming is ?
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

You never will see them on the forum, don't worry. All they are is automated bots that post annoying nonsensical things that we have to delete.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
billyorigami

Post by billyorigami »

Dear Anna & all Moderators concerned,

I really am very interested in The Origami Forum group since I joined March 30th of this year. However the spam you are speaking of not happening had actually happened to me.
I do not have any other forum groups I belong to other than this only one I have joined.
Here is the spam I had received since the initiated membership of The Origami Forum.
Text removed by Moderator

Any help is greatly appreciated in removing this spam off my personal email address.
If not, I hate to delete my account altogether which Is the last resort.

billyorigami
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

I don't quite understand what you mean to say. You got spam to your personal email address and want us to remove it? If so I'm sorry, but that's not possible. I don't have access to your personal email account. Your personal email account is not related to this Forum in any way and the Forum is not responsible for whatever you receive there apart from mails sent by us directly. Most email providers I'm aware of offer Spam folders to move such posts into. Most of those providers also have a spam recognition ability, so if you mark certain mails as spam they will scan them and next time move similar mails directly into the spam folder.
If you got spam as PMs here on the Forum, tell me the username of the person who sent it to you and I will look into it.
billyorigami

Post by billyorigami »

Thanks, Anna for getting back to me. I think maybe it is a lost on my part with the whole spam thing. I don't understand the incoming mail send via my spam folder. Never have any spam problems whatsoever until I join this The Origami Forum. I don't even know any user in question you are asking.
I would like to terminate my account with your forum group altogether for my personal email aggravation.
I have looked top to bottom on your main page and you don't have a delete function to end account if I am no longer satisfactory with the group.
Please verify the termination of my account if you have the control functions to do so.
Thanks,

billyorigami
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Since your email address isn't visible for anyone but the Administrators of this Forum, I highly doubt, that the Forum is the source of your Spam problem. But if you insist on deleting your account, I will do so.
billyorigami

Post by billyorigami »

Please do remove my account entirely from The Origami Forum. I will regret it but I will have to deal with the spam problem on my own somehow.
Goodbye and thanks,
Billy
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Well then, I'm sorry but I'll delete it. Like I said before I'm pretty sure that the Origami Forum is not the cause of your Spam problem. Farewell. Maybe if you decide otherwise after a while you can make a new account and join us again. Good Bye.