A Fun Game: Identify the Paper/ aka Beginner's Questions

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
insanecrane

A Fun Game: Identify the Paper/ aka Beginner's Questions

Post by insanecrane »

Hi!
Ok, so, I'm a bit stumped. Through some research I found this one Japanese store in my city and bought some paper there. It's full of Kanji, which tell me zilch about what kind of paper it is. And the sore closed down. I didn't ask the shop clerk, because it was kind of a rushed atmosphere in there and I didn't think at the time that there would be so much to choose from.
Anyway.

The paper is just your basic unicoloured affair. one side is dark green, the other a lighter shade. The darker side is a bit more glossy (not high-gloss, though) and seems tougher. I tried doing a crane first with the dark side as main colour, because it seemed like the intended method. when I tried it the other way around it was much easier to fold.
I think the paper is thinner than normal copy paper. The quality is probably good enough for the most basic things.

I'd just like to know whether it has an official name (if anyone can glean that from my amateur info) and whether it's a good paper to get on with. I need to start somewhere, after all. Any help is much appreciated. :D
florigami

Re: A Fun Game: Identify the Paper/ aka Beginner's Questions

Post by florigami »

is it vog paper? post a picture
GWB origami
Forum Sensei
Location: somewhere in the evil netherworld riding a giant, three headed tarantula

Post by GWB origami »

i think i have some of this paper! is it slightly textured on the non gloss side?
insanecrane

Post by insanecrane »

GWB origami wrote:i think i have some of this paper! is it slightly textured on the non gloss side?
yeah, that's right!

Sorry, don't have it here, so can't post a picture right now. Will do asap.
Thanks for the help :D