Tissue foil.

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
GeorgianFolder

Tissue foil.

Post by GeorgianFolder »

hello. what is best recipe to make tissue foil? i don't have spray glue.... i have white glue and wallpaper glue :) and tell me doze of water and glue :) Thanks :)
Fluffy
Forum Sensei

Re: Tissue foil.

Post by Fluffy »

I highly recommend spray glue, however I don't see that as an option in this situation. But the second best is Wallpaper Glue, a strong glue. You put some slight water mixed into the wallpaper paste. Then spread it on the foil with a brush or something soft and flexible. Then put the tissue on top. Then let it dry overnight. Good Luck!!
My flickr page ~ http://www.flickr.com/photos/jakeorigami/
My gallery ~ http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11485
Feel free to leave comments or constructive critisicm. Thanks! :)
GeorgianFolder

Post by GeorgianFolder »

what is best way to remove bubbles?
GWB origami
Forum Sensei
Location: somewhere in the evil netherworld riding a giant, three headed tarantula

Post by GWB origami »

i think there s a topic on that soemwhere.
maddoghoek100

Post by maddoghoek100 »

rolling the tissue onto the foil is best to avoid bubbles and sacrifice one end of the tissue so you can clamp it down to the table:

- Make foil longer than tissue and tape down to work surface
- Roll tissue onto a large firm tube (i use a piece of PVC pipe form the hardware store)
- Put tissue roll on foil and clamp the loos edge down, i use a long ruler accross the edge of the paper and clamps form the hardware store
- Paint or spray glue onto the foil
- roll out the tissue, pressing firmly on your roll as you go and using some pressure and you should have little or no wrinkles or bumps

you will loose 2 or three inches on the end where you clamped and had the roll sitting, but you will get a much better result, in my experience, so well worth it.
GeorgianFolder wrote:what is best way to remove bubbles?
bnm70

Post by bnm70 »

What is the point of making that foil paper?
Origami is like food. You can love it and be obese. Or you can hate it and be and be a"cute". Or you can be a fail and your just that. A fail. Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/76647015@N08/?saved=1
Menschenfeind

Post by Menschenfeind »

Being able of folding models that require tissue foil...
Like Hoang Trung Thanh Swordsman