Double tiusse paper help

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
sajprj

Double tiusse paper help

Post by sajprj »

so whenever i try to make a large 49/50 cm double tissue paper, it always sticks to the glass and is really tricky to get off. how can i fix this problem?

i use a watered down solution of pva glue (elmers white glue) there isnt any cmc/mc glue where i live

it might be the glue:water ratio, but i could be wrong, maybe its just the glue
mummykicks

Re: Double tiusse paper help

Post by mummykicks »

sajprj wrote:so whenever i try to make a large 49/50 cm double tissue paper, it always sticks to the glass and is really tricky to get off. how can i fix this problem?

i use a watered down solution of pva glue (elmers white glue) there isnt any cmc/mc glue where i live

it might be the glue:water ratio, but i could be wrong, maybe its just the glue
Car wax might work, but I've never tried it. I think if you wax it and then buff it off it will leave enough residue to keep the paper from sticking.
Also try looking for elmer's art paste, either locally or online...
tryingtofoldsumthing

Re: Double tiusse paper help

Post by tryingtofoldsumthing »

Sometimes it can be very hard to get the paper off the glass, even if the paper is not really glued to the glass. It can just be hard to get it started. I suggest trying above ^ but stick a piece of wood or something in between the paper and glass near the edge, so it is easy to peel the paper off. Or you can use a knife to get it started, that works too
Matt
If it's just mountain and valley folds, how hard could it be?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tryingtofoldsumthing/