Tracing Paper

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
Tahaorigami

Re: Tracing Paper

Post by Tahaorigami »

easysid wrote:I use thin tracing paper, and I find it quite strong. The only issue is that reversing creases can sometimes be difficult, and it only comes in white. It works very well for test folds.
Yeah! you are right. It becomes really messy around the crease.
Raptorex55

Post by Raptorex55 »

Tahaorigami wrote: Did you actually fold the Mantis Shrimp from an 18"(about 46cm) square :shock: ! The grid must have become very small?
I sure did! The grid was minuscule at best - 3/16 inches. Pictures on my Flickr, which I desperately need to update.
l0lm4tt

Post by l0lm4tt »

I use tracing paper all the time. Used it to make the Ryujin, ancient dragon, satoshi kamiya's unicorn, zoanoid dragon, bahamut, etc.

the paper is good but very easy to tear, also it is very easy to mess up a crease which makes it wrinkly up very quickly, but at least the folds can be very sharp
Check out my flickr page
KasaiRyuu

Post by KasaiRyuu »

Just got Strathmore 300 14x17, as the Michaels I went to did not have the 19x25. I haven't folded with it yet, but even when handling the paper during the pre-cutting process it became wrinkly. I don't really mind, hope it's good. I'm just trying to find good bulk paper that doesn't require much manipulating and preparing, and tracing paper seemed like a good thing to start out with.