can you glue tissue to elephant hide?

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

can you glue tissue to elephant hide?

Post by roodborst »

Hi I got some Elephant hide paper, but that's one color on both sides. Now I was wondering if it is possible to (spray)glue a piece of tissue to it? This way I can make a model that uses a colorchange. ALso, will I still be able to wetfold after i do this? or will this cause the tissue to rip, or just fall of?

I don't want to spoil my paper with experimenting.
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Re: can you glue tissue to elephant hide?

Post by Razzmatazz »

I apologize for how succinct this post is without this first sentence:

Paint.
gachepapier
Forum Sensei

Post by gachepapier »

I would not glue tissue, I think it will rip on the creases. I've had very good experiences with unryu on EH though, but it makes for a strong sheet (implying thick too).
mes p'tits plis (now also in English)
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

Razzmatazz wrote:I apologize for how succinct this post is without this first sentence:

Paint.
I actually had to translate the word 'succint'. But a non waterbase paint could work indeed without making the paper thicker.
gachepapier wrote:I would not glue tissue, I think it will rip on the creases. I've had very good experiences with unryu on EH though, but it makes for a strong sheet (implying thick too).
I'm not sure if I can get som unryu, and the model I want to make is kinda complex, lots of layers on top of each other, so I'm afraid it will get to thick to fold.