Best Way to Tape Paper?

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
Lephantome92

Best Way to Tape Paper?

Post by Lephantome92 »

Pretty self-explanatory. I have some 18 inch butcher/kraft paper, and I'm wondering if there's a special method I should use for optimal results, or just line them up carefully, start at one end, creeping across, then making any needed trimming?

If it makes much of a difference, most of the models I make really push the limits of paper stress.
Raptorex55

Re: Best Way to Tape Paper?

Post by Raptorex55 »

Glue together with mythll cellulose! Overlap the sheets ever so slightly and coat them in the stuff. The bond should be about seamless. If all you have is tape then I would make sure you dont overlap the edges.
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 »

unfortunately, I'm lacking in the MC dept, and I'm trying to get a job so I have the money to be able to actually buy some and see what it's like
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

From my experiences with taping kraft, I've made multiple long strips (instead of one long piece that might wrinkle if you try taping it), lined them horizontally against the edge of one paper, and then (holding the edge of another piece of paper) placing the other piece on top, if any of that made any sense.

MC is the better alternative though, if you have it. :)
A tiny place to post my things. Enjoy~
http://flamekurosei.deviantart.com/
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 »

Flame_Kurosei wrote:From my experiences with taping kraft, I've made multiple long strips (instead of one long piece that might wrinkle if you try taping it), lined them horizontally against the edge of one paper, and then (holding the edge of another piece of paper) placing the other piece on top, if any of that made any sense.

MC is the better alternative though, if you have it. :)
actually for the most part that is what i do. if i have plain tape i'll just smooth it along as i go before cutting, then line it all up. though this time my tape mysteriously "disappeared" so i had to resort to cutting some packing tape in half. though i must say, i mustve been concentrating incredibly well this time taping, because there's not even an accidental bulge anywhere along the tape