Glass wrapping paper

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Glass wrapping paper

Post by roodborst »

Ok, so today I bought some new long drink glasse. They were wrapped up in some thin greyish paper.
Can I MC some sheets together and get some nice crisp paper? Or would this be a waste of time?
origami_8
Administrator

Re: Glass wrapping paper

Post by origami_8 »

Hard to say without trying. Therefore I'd say, just do it!
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

You're right, I just gave it a shot. Just finished aplying the MC. Now I'll spend 2/3 hours praying I can peel it of. If it works I got 3 nice sheets of white/greyish paper to fold my new cat model with. If it doesn't... I'll be trying to clean my plexiglass plate till 02:00 PM :roll:
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

If it doesn't, make the whole thing wet, wait a few minutes until the water soaked through and wipe everything off easily.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

Thanks for the tip anna! Last time I messed up I've spend an hour scraping of the ruined tissue with my nails.
Edit: Just took a peek, and it seems to be working. Now not to get impatient and wait till it's fully dried.....
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

So I just made about 5 squares of this paper, between 20cm and one of about 40cm. So it worked... well kinda.. The paper partially sticked too the plexiglass plate. I wanted three big squares but ended up with a couple of smaller ones because of the ripping of the paper while peeling it off.
I'm wondering why this happens and what I can do about it. There is one thing I can think of. Because I use the same paintroller for making tissue foil (white glue) as I do for making MC based paper, there might be a residue of glue? Or does this not make sense?
I could really use some advice on this.

Btw, I'll fold something with this new paper soon and post a pic. Now lets hope that people at "blokker" (name of shop I bought the glass), are willing to give me some of the paper for free
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

As promised, as I would show how it turned out, I did a quick fold of Q. Trollips white Rhino.
Rhino trollip by roodborst078, on Flickr

Turned out pretty good. Although it is not the best paper to fold, it looks nice.