Rino Hide

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
OrigamiGeek
Forum Sensei

Rino Hide

Post by OrigamiGeek »

has any one tried Rion Hide paper how is it different from elephant hide? is it just elephant hide but lower quality? or what? It is half of the price of elephant hide!
Check out my gallery and don't forget to leave a comment!
bethnor
Buddha

Re: Rino Hide

Post by bethnor »

lol terry just released it today! give it some time. that said, you could always ask eyal or any of the other folders who have tried it on their flickr accounts.

myself, i have to say, i have given up on finding the "perfect" paper. on its face, it seems like rhino paper would not be serviceable for the things that seem popular round these parts--i.e., insects or kamiya models. simply too thick.
Benlewisorigami

Post by Benlewisorigami »

Hm, good point. Although, maybe the title (Rhino hide) would suggest to the countless people interested in complex folds that need thin paper, that this is thicker and would work for.... Rhino's! Idk, just my idea on that haha.. Anyway, it looks like nice paper. Cant wait to hear a review from someone who's used it
I would rather fail trying than fail without trying....

My flickr :D http://www.flickr.com/photos/89213771@N06/
dhouser

Post by dhouser »

I have used rhino hide, and I must say that I like it a lot. It is too thick to fold insects with, but if you can fold the model from elephant hide, you can fold it with rhino hide.

Rhino hide has a very nice, rich surface texture, whereas elephant hide is very smooth. Elephant hide is a bit thicker, and lends itself more towards wet folding; however I've not wet folded with rhino hide yet. Additionally, rhino hide has solid colors, like green and yellow, whereas elephant hide is marbled, and does not come in bright colors.

Just from folding with dry rhino hide, I can tell that it would be a good wet folding paper, but I will have to find out.