kraft paper or brown paper?

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
Mir Numaan
Buddha

kraft paper or brown paper?

Post by Mir Numaan »

i recently got this paper but don't know is it kraft or not :? this paper is used for book binding
http://www.navneet.com/stationery-3/sch ... -paper-46/
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Re: kraft paper or brown paper?

Post by Mir Numaan »

someone listening? i am really confused. Please help!
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

You should post a picture of the actual paper.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

Btw you can buy craft in most stores, bookstores, warehouses, etc. For 1.50 euro. I wouldn't buy this. U are also paying for tape that you don't need. Spend your money on some cheap kraft. Or better yet. Assemble a tissue foil creation kit.
Glass/plexiglass/ mirror
Aluminium foil
Tissue paper
Small paint roller
White glue or spay adhesive

With some practice you'll be making big squares of thin paper in any desired color.
There is plenty of advice here on the forum. You'll pay around 50 euro for the whole package, but you'll spend around 1 euro for a 50x70cm sheet of paper once the getbthe hang of it.
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Post by Mir Numaan »

thanks man! I could make tissue foil easily! The problem is that i have not tried kraft until now, i will post the pic of the paper as soon as i can. One more thing, does kraft have transparent film like thing on one side? The paper has stripes just like kraft.
Thanku
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

The craft paper I once bought did indeed have one shiny side, brown and stripes.
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Post by Mir Numaan »

leave it! Origami_8 helped me to figure it out! My paper is not kraft
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

You could be a bit more thankful for people trying to help you. Shouting at them, saying you already got your information elsewhere won't help you with future requests. To tell the truth I wasn't very happy that you contacted me privately about a subject, that can easily be discussed here. I mean that's what a Forum is about, sharing information and helping each other. If we go back to writing only private messages, this Forum becomes obsolete.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

"Leave it" has a nasty undertone in it in English. "Nevermind" was the word you where looking for I think. Just lost translation I guess.
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Post by Mir Numaan »

ok, ok sorry! I need to be real careful on this forum
Benlewisorigami

Post by Benlewisorigami »

I think you mean "polite" mir Numaan. People are more likely to help you out with your questions if you are a bit more patient in between posts. Because some people (who are really good helpers) dont check the forum every day. Be patient and kind, and people should be glad to help you out. I mean, that's what this forum is for anyway, right?
I would rather fail trying than fail without trying....

My flickr :D http://www.flickr.com/photos/89213771@N06/
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

Yes, this is a unique, international Forum with novices, artists, and professionals, ranging in age from around 12 years old to a little over 80 years old. Most folks are understanding if English is not your first (or even your second) language. In addition to being patient and polite, we like to avoid slang and [harsh] sarcasm, in order to improve communication.

Of course, some of us don't follow that advice :-)
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Post by Mir Numaan »

i didn't shout at anyone :(
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Okay, sorry! I guess roodboost was right that it was just a translation error. "Leave it!" sounded like shouting to me, but probably you really meant "Nevermind" like he said. Sometimes it is easy to loose count who is a native speaker, and who's English is only second language and therefore more prone to mistakes. Furthermore English is also only my second language, so I might make mistakes too.
chesscuber98
Forum Sensei

Post by chesscuber98 »

I am not sure if i am to intervene here, but as far as i know the "brown paper" you get here in india is the same as kraft you get in Germany. I have folded with it and it feels the same.