Best Paper for Nguyen Eagle?

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
Wataru333

Best Paper for Nguyen Eagle?

Post by Wataru333 »

I was wondering if anyone knew a good paper to use to fold the Nguyen Hung Cuong Eagle.
I tried with a couple varieties, yet the wings didn't come out as nicely as I wanted.
However, I have quite limited access to good paper for I live in the US. If you know where I can buy the paper, that would be great too! :D 8)
-WT
Benlewisorigami

Re: Best Paper for Nguyen Eagle?

Post by Benlewisorigami »

Hey man! You said in a PM that you live in NYC. Well I'm about an hour from there :D (long island)

Well anyway, in new York, there's Dick Blick art Materials. It's like a depot for anything and everything for arts of all different types. They have a great variety of paper! Sekishu, Unryu, Mango, Banana, Tissue, and all kinds of handmade papers. They range in price from 3 dollars a sheet to 10 dollars a sheet. I would recommend a sheet of Sekishu as it comes in 24 by 39 inch squares. Kinda pricey though-8 dollars a sheet. I don't know how old you are, and if you can afford it, but it may work out for this model
I would rather fail trying than fail without trying....

My flickr :D http://www.flickr.com/photos/89213771@N06/