Water bomb origami model

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
Rick Nordal

Water bomb origami model

Post by Rick Nordal »

Hi all !

Quite a few years ago I folded an origami water bomb using only a thin sheet of plastic.

The plastic transparent water bomb looked quite interesting.

I had to use a pen to do the creasing of the plastic.

Rick Nordal
http://ricknordalartwork.blogspot.ca/
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Re: Water bomb origami model

Post by Mir Numaan »

so what?
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Post by Razzmatazz »

I've done waterbombs with wax paper which was pretty neat because you could fill them with water. I've folded cranes out of transparent materials but never thought to do a waterbomb before.
Benlewisorigami

Post by Benlewisorigami »

Awesome idea! I wonder if you would be able to do that, but this time make the traditional cup! It would be able to hold liquid without breaking! I tried a waterbomb once with wax/butcher paper stuff, and it was just like a real water balloon.
I would rather fail trying than fail without trying....

My flickr :D http://www.flickr.com/photos/89213771@N06/
Acorn Man

Post by Acorn Man »

Once we had to build the best raft we could for science class in our Titanic unit (I don't know why we did this in science). Anyway, my group set our raft by the tank to grab a sheet of paper that we forgot. When we came back someone unknowingly parted it out for their own boats. So with like 10 minutes left in class I made a water bomb out of the tin foil (this was the only material we wre allowed to use in our boats). Anyway, it looked really cool, and it was super fun to make, especially blowing it up, it almost exploded it blew up so fast. It held like 64 pennies in the water, which is pretty bad considering the record was like 450ish (they totally cheated :D). I recommend you make one out of just foil though, it's fun.
I finally got it to say something under my posts!