Is biotope paper suitable for wet folding?

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
Rickygami

Is biotope paper suitable for wet folding?

Post by Rickygami »

I've made an ancient dragon from origamishop's biotope paper and was wondering whether the paper is suitable for wet folding? It feels like it might be but I don't want to ruin the model if it turns out not to be!
GrossMichael

Re: Is biotope paper suitable for wet folding?

Post by GrossMichael »

Biotope paper is similar to Tant, which is wet-foldable, so it should be ok, too.
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Post by Swapnil Das »

Should it be okay for Kamiya's Rooster?
We're all stories in the end.

My flickr Please visit and comment as much as you can!
GrossMichael

Post by GrossMichael »

On origami-shop the picture of the paper includes Kamiya's Rooster, so I guess it should be alright.
Edg

Post by Edg »

A wet finish works well with this paper, it dries rock hard! I have a nearly finished cuong eagle from biotope and the details I've done look good.( I used MC, not water, though) I was thinking of using some for ancient dragon but I found it gets very stiff as it layers up...how did you find it?
Rickygami

Post by Rickygami »

I definitely got a good result with the paper and I didn't feel like the thickness was holding me back. The only part of the model you really need thin paper for is the head because the body uses the layers to "bulk up" the model and the feel are pretty thin. I managed to get decent head spines so I would recommend it :)
Edg

Post by Edg »

Great, I'll give it a go! Though perhaps I should finish everything else I've got half folded first...so many great models to fold, so little time! :)
Edg

Post by Edg »

I tried wet folding Kamiyas Cerberus ( I folded it dry until the 3d stages, sprayed it with water, pressed it till nearly dry then carried on) and it went well, the model has held its shape. The only issue was it made the extraneous pre-creases very visible.