Is This an Okay Store?

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
Acorn Man

Is This an Okay Store?

Post by Acorn Man »

I found this store that has a lot of paper. Unfortunately none of it is in English, so I have no idea whether it is okay or not. It sure is cheap though. Thanks.

Link: http://m.folia.de/
I finally got it to say something under my posts!
gordigami

Re: Is This an Okay Store?

Post by gordigami »

Difficult to readily filter out all the scrapbooking paper, cardstock, overly decorative paper and thick papers in the catalog. These all would be less than ideal for origami .
Their catalog does seem to offer many types of kami and other papers, but you really would have to carefully read the description for each type of paper, make your best guesstimate, then try a variety of the offerings .
You may well hit upon a worthwhile origami paper.
On the other hand, should you go to origami-shop.com, Kim's crane, Origami USA or British origami society,
it would be far easier to select papers more appropriate for origami, as opposed to paper primarily used for scrapbooking hobbies , which this site seems to be targeting .
May I wish success to all who cope with the mountains & valleys of Life,
with all its peaks & depths, as well as Origami .
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

On the bottom right is a small English flag, click it and you get everything translated to English.
To tell the truth, I don't think this is a shop at all, but rather a website of the brand Folia. I have many Folia papers at home, some of them are good for folding.
gordigami

Post by gordigami »

Here is the link to the Folia catalog:
http://www.folia.de/index.php?id=140&L=1
May I wish success to all who cope with the mountains & valleys of Life,
with all its peaks & depths, as well as Origami .
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Still I don't think you can order there as a private person. The catalogue also doesn't include prices. I think it rather is a catalogue for retailers. In Austria and I guess probably in Germany as well, Folia products can be bought almost everywhere. They are really very common in office or hobby shops.
Acorn Man

Post by Acorn Man »

Thanks guys, I'll do some more erase arch on all of the papers.
I finally got it to say something under my posts!