Models For Tissue Foil

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
Life is Origami

Models For Tissue Foil

Post by Life is Origami »

I have a good supply of tissue foil which I made and I want to know some good models to fold with it. Any suggestions?
We all have gone very far from folding the crane.
origamifan11

Re: Models For Tissue Foil

Post by origamifan11 »

What size? Anyway, maybe Nguyen Hung Cuong's Eagle, Kamiya's Ancient dragon, Kamiya's Ryuin 2.1 (I did it from 60x60cm), Kamiya's Phoenix. Those are just some models I have folded with it, but from a large sheet (60x60 cm)
About to start start Ryujin (test-folding at the moment)
My Old Flickr
My New Flickr
piemiam

Post by piemiam »

Hi,
You can also make modular origami with foil paper.
Life is Origami

Sorry for not being specific. I have home-made tissue foil with which I can make a 45*45 cm square. The leftover paper is too small to make a good model.
myself

Post by myself »

I recently folded Lang's Eupatorus Gracilicornis from Insects II out of tissue foil. The folding was quite a disaster but the result is very good. It's a decent paper for insects. I dont know if box-pleated insects work though (I've only folded origamipete's camel spider 4.0 which wasn't much of a succes and I don't know if I can blame the paper for that).
Quyet's horse from 50 Hours of Origami is also well suited for tissue foil and not very hard to fold.
Life is Origami

I folded Lang's Roosevelt Elk and apparently my new batch of tissue foil came out a little thick for a good model. Maybe I should have used double tissue paper or something else. With the small leftover tissue foil paper I have left, I folded Joisel's Rat and it was perfect.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Generally speaking, boxpleating works wonders, high intermediate models and over as well. I found that all of Kamiya's models work well with it, and 45cm is a good length for them. You can always indicate which books you own, it might be easier to pick specific models for you this way.

I will be biaised, though, and say that you can fold just about anything with tissue foil :lol:, as long as you don't rush your folding (else it looks messy).
Life is Origami

Well, I have Works of Satoshi Kamiya 2. I will try some models with my tissue foil. I'm looking at Cerberus right now.
JPOrigami

Post by JPOrigami »

The only Kamiya model I don't recommend folding with tissue foil is the little bird. Since the model is 3D, it will wrinkle easily.