New type of tissue foil?

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
Mir Numaan
Buddha

New type of tissue foil?

Post by Mir Numaan »

hi all,
so i found a type of paper which resembles foil paper (not exactly though)
Its thin, strong, takes a crease perfectly but almost impossible to reverse a crease.I folded this Pureland wizard by Hideo Komatsu (because it has only mountain and valley folds, no reverses, sinks etc) to see how it works and it worked great for the model. Does anyone know where can i find larger squares or rolls of this paper? The largest i get is 10 cm :( I also don't know the name.
Thanks in advance :D
Edg

Re: New type of tissue foil?

Post by Edg »

Looks like cigarette packet foil, don't know where you'd get big sheets though
CharlineSanschagrin

Re: New type of tissue foil?

Post by CharlineSanschagrin »

Of all of the different types of papers and techniques geared towards producing origami exhibition models, “tissue-foil” is perhaps the most unusual. Tissue-foil encompasses a range of papers that use aluminum foil to give it unique folding characteristics. Wet-folding and back-coating utilize sizing and glue for their folding properties. This requires thicker paper, and the ability to fold your model quickly, as your model begins to harden. Tissue-foil, by nature, does not have these problems; is has an entirely different set of idiosyncrasies