Looking for pre-cut non-squares and large sheets.

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
Jeffery Mewtamer

Looking for pre-cut non-squares and large sheets.

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I'm trying to get back into origami, and there are two areas I wish to explore:
1. Folding non-squares(main interests being other regular polygons, golden rectangles, and both types of silver rectangle).

2. Large scale origami.

I know that several shapes can be made by folding a square and making a single cut, but this can be an error prone process, rather time consuming for making multiple non-square blanks, and being functionally blind, it's hard to find instructions I can actually follow.

I've ordered some regular hexagons from:
http://www.paperpieces.com/shop/Hexagon ... ?pageNum=2

But their paper is closer to a lightweight card stock rather than the printer paper and generic origami paper I'm more familiar with and makes doing detail work or multi-layer folds difficult.

If someone could direct me to a good source of paper that comes pre-cut in non-square shapes or tools that could be used to quickly and accurately cut a thin stack of printer paper into multiple non-square blanks, it would be much appreciated.

As for large scale origami, it seems nearly impossible to find pre-cut squares larger than 30cm, and despite them being ISO standards, I've had no look finding single sheets of A0 or B0. Seems like all easy to find large paper is either single sheets of poster board that is too thick to work with easily or large rolls and having to deal with the error prone task of cutting into individual sheets(and large scale paper cutters weren't cheap last I checked).

Any suggestions on where to buy large, individual sheets of paper would be much appreciated.

Also, please note that I live in the US, so international shipping is a must if the supplier is non-US based.
Just so you know, I'm blind.