Tissue paper for tissue foil

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
origami_8
Administrator

Re: Tissue paper for tissue foil

Post by origami_8 »

That's the nice thing about Tissue Foil and Double Tissue, the ingredients are super cheap. :-D

@steingar: You got a pm.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

That is really cheap. I pay 20 euro cent a sheet. Wich is already pretty cheap.
Nepafarius

Post by Nepafarius »

steingar wrote:
origami_8 wrote:@steingar: In my experience the differences are huge. Tissue Foil made with spray glue feels more like foil with some tissue paper sticking to it. It feels and folds terrible. Whereas the one made with white glue feels as if it is one sheet and not a compound of sheets. Creases reverse easily with this paper and the paper properties dominate over the foil properties. The important thing is to find the best glue (it has to stick to aluminium) and the right dilution.
I've tried out both, spray glue and white glue, and experimented quite a bit but always with the same results. It is interesting that you seem to have made different experiences.
Perhaps I've not yet found the right conditions, but I'll bet that the difference is hypochondrial. That is, I bet you think there should be a difference, thus you see it to be. I can't see how you can get aluminum foil to stop behaving like aluminum foil.

That said, I do like to keep an open mind. I suppose I should ask a favor. If I send you my address, can you send along a small sheet or two of your paper? I'll try it and let you know what I think. I promise to return something nice you can't get in Austria.
I think Anna is right. I used white glue since I have no spray nor a place outside to use it. And when using white glue there is a difference in the thickness you can apply the glue with, as well as various methods that can leave behind unique patterns and different levels of thickness.

My only problem with white glue is that you can't expedite its drying process without diminishing its adhesiveness. Tried speeding it up before with a hair dryer and the tissue peeled right off. Wanted to try salting the top to draw out the moisture, don't know if that will have the same result.