What are some good large paper storage options?

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
Foldtastic

What are some good large paper storage options?

Post by Foldtastic »

How are people storing large (full-sheet) papers? I'm trying to figure out a solution that will promote accessibility, but take up less space in my tiny NYC apartment. Flat paper drawers are a no-go.

The paper ranges in thickness from elephant hide to 5gsm tissues.

Currently I have the paper flat-packed between large pieces of cardboard (which have to remain horizontal, and take up a lot of space).

I'm looking into rolling the paper and storing it in alvin Ice tubes. I read that for tissue or other thin papers, it is best to first roll the paper around a smaller tube and then place it into the larger tube.

I've seen this rack, which is an interesting concept http://www.origamipapermonster.com/larg ... rage-rack/ and might work. Anyone else use it? How does it work out for thicker papers?

Also, if how does rolling (or hanging over a rack) work with double paper bonded with MC? I would imagine it could cause delamination of the papers over time.
steingar

Re: What are some good large paper storage options?

Post by steingar »

I have an old set of map drawers that serves this purpose admirably. They do take up room, though.
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

I roll most of my papers, and it works fine for the most part. Never had any delamination. I'd go with that for space, but I'm not extremely anal when it comes to organization... I have paper and parts to all kinds of stuff all over my house!
You could also put some drawers/flat storage under your bed.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
Kundalini

Post by Kundalini »

I have some horizontal and others in rolls inside a trash can (now it is a store paper)

The link is one solution another is putting horizontal under your bed, be careful because it could be dirty (at least in my room, it s a mess)