Double tissue/tissue foil

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
Aayan

Double tissue/tissue foil

Post by Aayan »

Where I live, there is no access to this tissue paper used in origami I thing the closest thing we have is either kite paper or crêpe paper if I can make tissue foil or double tissue out of either please tell me how I can do it. Also I would like to ask which glue I should use as MC is not avalible here (please don't tell me to order online as websites cost too much to ship here)

Thanks in advance
gerico

Re: Double tissue/tissue foil

Post by gerico »

Well for the mc you can easly use the glue for the wallpaper, I don't think that the crêpe paper is good for it and I don't know the other one sorri D:
idooi

Post by idooi »

If you can't buy online and you say that there's nothing in your local store I think none can help you....
The worst mistake you can do

is to be afraid to make a mistake
Malleon

Post by Malleon »

A guy in our group has created paper similar to double tissue with kite paper. Do basically the same thing as making double tissue, but with very dilute PVA instead of MC and kite paper (glassine) instead of wrapping tissue.
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

perhaps you could be a little bit less opaque and give us a bit more information. it's a bit odd that you can get to kite and crepe paper, but not tissue. it's worth talking about because the tissue paper used in double tissue isn't exactly exotic. elmer's art paste is mc, for instance, and should be available in most art stores in the US.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

@bethor It not that strange. I live in relative big city and have not found tissue paper anywhere. I have too go to another city to buy tissue or online.
Gerardo
Buddha

Post by Gerardo »

I don't know if this might help but in Spanish tissue paper is called "papel seda" which would literally means "silk paper". Maybe it has some other name where you live. Just saying :)...
My awesome website: https://www.neorigami.com
and Instagram account: https://instagram.com/NeorigamiCom