Is Terry Tissue Foil Safe?

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
CH Origami Art

Is Terry Tissue Foil Safe?

Post by CH Origami Art »

I recently purchased a pack of tissue foil from Nicolas Terry's online store "Origami-Shop". After purchasing, I searched for the ingredients online, howeverI found nothing about its ingredients or how it was made, which I found a bit odd.. Does anyone know the ingredients of this paper or how it was made? I want to know if the paper is safe.
Last edited by CH Origami Art on July 25th, 2019, 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baltorigamist

Re: Is Terry Tissue Foil Safe?

Post by Baltorigamist »

Terry TF is just dyed/spray-painted mulberry paper. So-called “metallic gold” paper from Blick and “Momigami” from Hollanders are exactly the same stuff (except that Momigami is softer and crumpled).

If you’re concerned about Terry TF, it should be because it’s inconsistent in quality. I have no doubt that it’s safe to use.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Save? Save for what? I wouldn't wrap my sandwich in it, but for Origami it works just fine. I doubt that it has any chemicals permeating your skin as you fold.
Folderp

Post by Folderp »

No, they just wanted to keep the method and materials a secret I think. It's not super hard to work out, but anyway...
My flickr
I finally got me some mc!