Need Hoang Tien Quyet Horse cp Help

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
philipinorigami101

Need Hoang Tien Quyet Horse cp Help

Post by philipinorigami101 »

The body is what is giving me trouble. Can anyone post some pictures on how to form the body? Many thanks :mrgreen:
Who said life was easy?
yohohohowo

Re: Need Hoang Tien Quyet Horse cp Help

Post by yohohohowo »

I'm working on this model as well. I managed to collapse a test fold of the cp, having drawn all the MV lines after precreasing. The body area was very messy. I will retry now with a larger, thinner paper. I will try and take care to not completely fold all the reference lines, and only fold the actual CP lines. Wish me luck. Should this all be collapsed at once, or is there a sequence?
s2247678

Post by s2247678 »

I'm also searching for photos that show how to fold the base.Thanks
Saffie

Post by Saffie »

I`m trying to fold this CP too and need help. What do I do with the blank triangles at the sides.
How do I fold the base?

PLEEEASE HELP!
yohohohowo

Post by yohohohowo »

You can cut those triangles off for practice, otherwise you must fold them and add all the precreasing through both layers. I finally got it. Finishing it up now.
shortloldude

Post by shortloldude »

Saffie, did you start with the grey cp in the middle or with the whole cp? If you started with the whole cp, try doing it with just the grey area since that is collapsible. I recommend scanning the CP, crop out the white area, paste that into a word document and print it out. Then pre-crease along the lines and try to collapse it like that.

The best help I can give through word directions is that without the triangles, the layer behind will be messy, the black triangles sort of pivot along the dotted lines to the left and right of them. This allows the larger triangle sort of shapes with the dotted lines through the middle to line up nicely.

Without the little black triangles, the paper would sort of distort, and if you are just testing the model on copy paper it could sort of collapse without the little triangles, but if you print it out it is really helpful to understand why they are there.
Please, add me on flickr and tell me what you think!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53465278@N02/
JSiph

Post by JSiph »

I can't tell if the black triangles are supposed to be mountain folds or valley folds or if they are just the lines that collapse. Can anyone clarify?
PleatBox

Post by PleatBox »

They are mountain folds, you have to tuck them inside the body and continue as if its not there :)