Brian Chan's Crow

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
StefOmega

Brian Chan's Crow

Post by StefOmega »

Hi all. I have a problem folding this beautiful model. I don't understand how to make steps 72-73. Can anyone help me?
StefOmega

Re: Brian Chan's Crow

Post by StefOmega »

No matter, I found the solution by myself. I just needed to look it in a different view.
Heero_K

Post by Heero_K »

Unlike StefOmega here, I cannot figure out for my life the witchcraft that happens in steps 69-74. What exactly gets folded over in step 70? How does just lifting up that corner change anything?
Raptorex55

Post by Raptorex55 »

In step 70 the layers folded over are actually on the back of the model. Then you lift up the flap indicated, indent the square inwards and collapse on the creases. Hope this helps, if it doesn't I can take pictures of thr process for you.
Raptorex55

Post by Raptorex55 »

In step 70 the layers folded over are actually on the back of the model. Then you lift up the flap indicated, indent the square inwards and collapse on the creases. Hope this helps, if it doesn't I can take pictures of the process for you.
Heero_K

Post by Heero_K »

Oh! So it's just the flaps folded over so it becomes sort of evened out in the middle? I still can't figure out the lifting part though...if you don't mind :oops: it's terrifyingly complicated.
Raptorex55

Post by Raptorex55 »

No it's not a problem. I've finished taking photos, but since I'm in an iPad I can't post them directly here. I can, however email them to you if your okay with that.

(Don't post your email here! Private Message it)
Heero_K

Post by Heero_K »

I've realized that I can't PM yet (for some reason unknown to me) so I've sent my e-mail to your e-mail using the e-mail feature. Still looking forward to seeing some pictures!
PaperKnight

Post by PaperKnight »

Fairly old thread, but maybe someone will see it...

I'm having trouble with step 117 of this model. (The 2nd sink to thin the legs)

Which parts actually get sunk? There's a picture of the cp in the diagram, but it's confusing to me.
It would be very helpful if someone could upload a side view of 117 in progress.

Edit: I think I figured it out. It's a really neat model, but I used paper that was too weak.

What are the best papers for this model?
Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Stuck on the same leg-thinning sink in step 116/117. The following diagrams seem to show a whole mess of layers sunk, yet the crease pattern detail isn't nearly that complicated. Unclear just what's intended!
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

Jasper wrote:Stuck on the same leg-thinning sink in step 116/117. The following diagrams seem to show a whole mess of layers sunk, yet the crease pattern detail isn't nearly that complicated. Unclear just what's intended!
I just freestyle when I'm close to finishing but I got it exactly right on the left side I couldn't replicate it in mirror image..
What you do is open the sides as you can see there are invisible lines that match with the other edges..previous creases that are sometimes reinforced and those are always what you look for..

What the authour wants you to do is neaten up these so it looks linear and aligned ...above the front claws you follow the mountain ridge up and it inclined back before point back down to the talon behind it...
That mountain ridge is what you now turn into a_ trough_ and you use the invisible guide of half the width....
I got it right once but the other side is more of a T shape with an I lower down
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

StefOmega wrote:No matter, I found the solution by myself. I just needed to look it in a different view.
Now I've added my guidance Please I'm stuck on step 146 another lift up and collapse on previous fold..
I really can't understand what action I'm supposed to be performing...
What am I making here the back and head of the bird...???
Close but yet so far from finishing......