Lang Poison Dart Frog Step 58

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Bubo

Lang Poison Dart Frog Step 58

Post by Bubo »

It's rare that a Lang model stumps me but I've been having a lot of trouble cleanly collapsing step 58. If any of the crease pattern experts here could offer some guidance and/or photos on how to do this step I'd be very grateful.
malifold

Re: Lang Poison Dart Frog Step 58

Post by malifold »

What book is this in?
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

I believe it's in one of the Tanteidan magazines. *goes to check* Issue 131 to be exact.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Fluffy
Forum Sensei

Post by Fluffy »

Start from the bottom to the top, as the arrows are NO help and the top is the tricky part. The weird shaped thing at the top is not too hard as it looks. The triangle ish thing is actually folded as a mis-shapened preliminary base. The middle part is raised up after you get all the others. The big flap ends out to the left, then continue onto step 59.

Put your mind to it and it will be done. Hope I helped,

Fluff (or Jake, whatever floats your boat)
My flickr page ~ http://www.flickr.com/photos/jakeorigami/
My gallery ~ http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11485
Feel free to leave comments or constructive critisicm. Thanks! :)
Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Thanks Fluffy. I'll certainly give your bottom to top tip a go! (I know its a lot to ask but any photos showing this collapse would still be welcomed)
Raptorex55

Post by Raptorex55 »

I'm working on this model now so I'll take some photos of the collapse for you.

Okay so I'm finished with the collapse and took several photos, but I can't upload them to this forum with my iPad. I can, however, upload them to Facebook and post a link; if you are comfortable with that. (It should work, my Facebook is public)
the modern einstein

Post by the modern einstein »

Uummm, isn't there already a topic for the dart frog. Why u no post there? Too late now anyhow.
Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Uummm, no there's not. It was only published two Tanteidan's Magazine's ago (as pointed out above issue #131). You may be confusing it with Lang's tree frog in ODS - while they look similar the underlying structures are very different.

Raptorexx55 i will PM you.
Fluffy
Forum Sensei

Post by Fluffy »

the modern einstein wrote:Uummm, isn't there already a topic for the dart frog. Why u no post there? Too late now anyhow.
Nope, this model just recently got released...
My flickr page ~ http://www.flickr.com/photos/jakeorigami/
My gallery ~ http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11485
Feel free to leave comments or constructive critisicm. Thanks! :)
paperbug

Post by paperbug »

I'm stuck on step 94. The instructions call for a closed sink of the point but state that this is most easily done by opening the model out and refolding it with the point inside. Doesn't that make it an open sink? What I don't understand is how much of the model has to be opened out. Can anyone help? Thanks.
merman

Post by merman »

Believe it or not, but the sinking of that big point is easier than you might think.

Have you ever closed-sunk the top of a Waterbomb Base by opening the paper completely, pleating the center of the paper and then closing back up? The sink in this Frog is pretty similar to that. You open the paper, but you do not need to reverse all of the folds of the point, because that would make it an open sink. Only a few plies of paper need to be folded inside and the rest pretty much follows automatically...

So focus on opening the paper, not reversing ALL creases/ridges of the flap that is about to be sunk, but fold inside a few layers...
paperbug

Post by paperbug »

Thank you Merman, I will try out your suggestions. I've attempted many times in many different permutations to accomplish what you suggest but have not been able to crack the code. I'm afraid my paper is wearing out and I don't know if I could refold this model to get past step 58. It was a small miracle that I've gotten this far so I would hate to start over. Thanks again.
origamipete
Forum Sensei

Post by origamipete »

merman wrote:Have you ever closed-sunk the top of a Waterbomb Base by opening the paper completely, pleating the center of the paper and then closing back up?
Awesome! Thanks for the tip!
PaperKnight

Post by PaperKnight »

I am also stuck on the collapse (Step #58).

I'd love to see a picture of this model in a mostly collapsed state after step #58.