Ronald Koh's King Cobra

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Mikisu

Ronald Koh's King Cobra

Post by Mikisu »

Hi everybody! I'm starting to fold the amazing King Cobra designed by Ronald Koh.
I want to start with a 18 cm x 600 cm Paper. It has two colours. One side is black and the other one is white. I would like the white side to be the belly of my snake an the black side should be the upper side of the finished model. On which side should I start folding to get the right result? Unfortunately I didn't find anything on the net about this issue.
Mikisu

Re: Ronald Koh's King Cobra

Post by Mikisu »

Mikisu wrote:Hi everybody! I'm starting to fold the amazing King Cobra designed by Ronald Koh.
I want to start with a 18 cm x 600 cm Paper. It has two colours. One side is black and the other one is white. I would like the white side to be the belly of my snake an the black side should be the upper side of the finished model. On which side should I start folding to get the right result? Unfortunately I didn't find anything on the net about this issue.
Just figured it out myself by folding just the head first with another smaller stripe of paper. This is the result:

I started red side up. :idea:
Mikisu

Post by Mikisu »

Made it :)

The cobra was not difficult to fold but there are many steps which you have to repeat many many times.
tryingtofoldsumthing

Post by tryingtofoldsumthing »

Very nice! It looks extremely repetitive XD have you ever thought of folding ryuzin?
Matt
If it's just mountain and valley folds, how hard could it be?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tryingtofoldsumthing/
NicholasA

Post by NicholasA »

Beautiful cobra!
The paper you guys use looks very nice. I'm looking to order a roll from the internet, and tips on paper selection for this model?
Great work once again!"
Mikisu

Post by Mikisu »

Thank you!
@tryingtofoldsumthing: Yes i thought about folding the amazing ryuzin but didn't fold much from creasepattern by now. Maybe i will give it a try when I feel comfortable with creasepatterns.
@NicholasA: I folded it from Double Tissue Paper which i made myself. But I think wrapping paper would also work.
jorigamis

Post by jorigamis »

nice fold look good
well
i think im maybe at the good place
i would like to buy paper for doing a ronald koh's king cobra but im having trouble finding it
im not finding paper with a correct gsm
so here i am looking for help :)