Help with Engel's Squid

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
adamdust

Help with Engel's Squid

Post by adamdust »

Hey everyone. i'm beginner to the forum but folding for exactly one year and am happy with my progress so far. I'm moving into the world of tissue foil and getting back to some things i couldn't previously do.

One of which is engel's squid from Angel Fish to Zen
particularly step 39-40, I cannot interpret that for the life of me.

It describes sticking your thumbs into the middle part and pulling it back so it becomes three dimensional and then squashing it down and I just don't see the connection between the two steps.

If anyone is familiar and can help me I would greatly greatly appreciate it!
Adam Dust
hermanntrude

Post by hermanntrude »

i've made that before. once...

I don't have the book at the moment but i'll be back home this evening so i'll let you know when i get there if someone else hasnt. It's possible that when i did it i bodged it. i have been known to before :)
blahblahblahboringsignatureblahblahblah
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Yes, the diagrams for Steps 39-40 are a bit unclear. I'll try to explain them in other words.

1. Lift up the front flap.
2. Open the flap underneath in the middle (the white side of the paper should show).
3. Open the flap you lifted up in 1 from the inside.
4. Squash everything flat so it resembles the picture of step 41. Once you have the flap opened this step should be easy.

Hope that helps somehow, if not I'll try to post some pictures.
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
hermanntrude

Post by hermanntrude »

whoops

sorry i forgot.
blahblahblahboringsignatureblahblahblah
adamdust

Post by adamdust »

ha, that did the trick. it was an ahha moment. and upon completion i noticed how close i had been in getting there so many times in the past. thank you very much.
Adam Dust
adamdust

Post by adamdust »

[img]http://myspace-938.vo.llnwd.net/00527/8 ... 7938_l.jpg[/img]
this is the best picture i could get take, but i am very satisfied that i could finally complete it. only thing i couldn't succeed in, perhaps understandably, is fitting the fins from the lower half intot he grooves created on the upper half and retaining the 3-d rounded shape of the body. so i decided to go for the rounded shape and keep the fins as close as possible. thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!
Adam Dust