Help with Joisel-type faces

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
comtedelafere

Help with Joisel-type faces

Post by comtedelafere »

Hi, my name is Chris and I am a Canadian folder. I have a copy of Joisel's diagrams (picked up in Tokyo) for his basic face, which ends up looking like something from Rossell. I have noticed that the majority of the superior faces have a seam in the middle.

For the life of me, and after numerous attempts, I still can not manage to duplicate the results others have achieved in their attempts to make realistic faces. I have a hard time visualizing the required folds. Is there anyone out there willing to meet up with me on MSN (hopefully with video chat) and coach me through making a not so simple face? I would say that I am a somewhat high-intermediate folder, so you won't spend the time teaching basic folds.

Eagerly awaiting a positive reply,
Chris.
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

I myself am not into origami faces, but you might want to read the following thread to get some inspiration and tips :)
http://snkhan.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=745
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
comtedelafere

Post by comtedelafere »

Thanks for the suggestion. The thread was interesting yet it did not really address my needs. I guess I will just keep on searching for someone to help me out. BTW, this is not a request for diagrams. Just assistance.
saj

Post by saj »

Hello,

The only person who I am aware of who may be able to help is Annie; she has a website which focuses largely on Joisel-type faces.

http://www.anniefolds.com/

Maybe if you tried contacting Annie she may be able to share some tips?

Saj
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.