Compsognathus by R.G. Flores, bad opening sequence

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Thelemic Potter

Compsognathus by R.G. Flores, bad opening sequence

Post by Thelemic Potter »

This is driving me nuts. The first 3 folds do NOT line up to where they belong. Instead of a corner off center on one axis, you end up with it in the center of the sheet.

http://gallery.origami.free.fr/Auteurs/ ... /Compsogna
thus.htm

Any one ever actually get this model done? Do you have a set of folds to line up this blasted corner?
Love.
Potter.
Love is the Law, love under will.
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

I don't see a problem with these folds and I get exactly the same as in the diagrams when folding them... :roll:

Step 1: Angle-bisector between the side and the diagonal.
Step 2: Corner to the center.
Step 3: Fold the corner upwards halfway between the two creasemarks you just make. By doing that the end of the crease from Step 1 will come to lie on the crease of Step 2.

PS. you need to fix that url.... :)
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
Thelemic Potter

ooohh....

Post by Thelemic Potter »

My lack of Italian and poor quality printing has made a fool of me. Step 2 on my printout looks like a, fold at the intersection. anyway I can give my own thread a stupid mark?

You know, sometimes something looks so bloody simple, you totally miss the obviouse.
Love.
Potter.
Love is the Law, love under will.
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

I know what you mean, the diagrams are very unclear (and actually wrong) in some parts.
The Model gets rotated without warning, repeat arrows are missing..., and for example from Step 17 to Step 18 the model is suddenly mirrored.

I might have been lucky to use the right interpretation for Step 2 since it might just as well mean what you thought at first.
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin