Anyone knows the creator of this baseballcap with wings?

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Re: Anyone knows the creator of this baseballcap with wings?

Post by Mir Numaan »

i think the cap with wings is the modified version of this cap
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Post by Mir Numaan »

if you are getting so excited to fold such a simple model, then i don't know what will you do when you will see kamiyas ancient dragon. Anyways, i may try to reverse engineer the model for you. :)
e-mo

Post by e-mo »

I know kamiyas models...and it is still far for me to fold any of his models yet. I am working step by step to move there... :-)
yes, if you can do that cap with wings..that would be great...

many thanks in advance,

e-mo
Benlewisorigami

Post by Benlewisorigami »

mir numaan wrote:if you are getting so excited to fold such a simple model, then i don't know what will you do when you will see kamiyas ancient dragon.
Wow. that was rude. Maybe he wanted to make the model for someone or something. I'm in the process of folding a ryujin, and I still enjoy folding easy models for people. Little things like this can be folded very quickly, especially at parties, so it makes a nice display of your skills
I would rather fail trying than fail without trying....

My flickr :D http://www.flickr.com/photos/89213771@N06/
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

I pretty much have it figured out. Can I post instructions here or will I be stepping on the original designers toes?
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

1. If you know who the designer is, you can ask permission.
2. In general, it is bad form to reverse engineer and post full instructions. The designer may sell them.
3. Loophole - You can post segments and snippets, indicating that the baseball cap instructions may be found in Book XYZ, then discussing how the wings are a variant ... this is a grey area.
4. You might sketch out your thought process for other people to use for discovery.
5. What you do through personal messages (with restraint) is also a grey area.
6. You may not sell anything or submit it as your own (unless you designed it independently, and then discovered it ... which we already know didn't happen ... but for future reference...

The moderators may slap your wrist at any time for perceived infractions.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Just my opinion, but I think it would be okay to post the instructions mentioning that it is reverse engineered from that picture and that the original author is not known. Selling them is a grey area, since it isn't your design and everything that involves money is complicated. Should the original author come and want the diagrams removed we can still comply.
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

Alright, lemme draw up a crease pattern first, I think the topic starter wanted to try one =)
I'll post diagrams later if anyone gets stuck
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

I'm going to break the crease pattern into 2 parts, because the locking feature really over complicates things.
This is just the wings and sides of hat:
-colored side down
-red lines mountain folds
-black lines valley folds

pleat the wings to your liking afterwards
e-mo

Post by e-mo »

hi wriggles,

thanks for that part. I will try to read the CP...lets see if that works out for me.

@HankSimon:
obviously you didnt read my posting carefully, cuz if you did...some of your points wouldnt have been listed.

1. If you know who the designer is, you can ask permission. --> If I would have known...I wouldnt post and ask right? (read my title!)
2. In general, it is bad form to reverse engineer and post full instructions. The designer may sell them. --> reverse engineering is also the person's own property of thoughts right? Who said that whatever is CPed is exactly the way and foldings how the original author did it?! The result might look very similar...but might be completely different. Just google for how many F 16 planes there are...or elefants...or giraffe...inspiration could be set somewhere....and whoever is it not copying the instructions...is fine I believe...
3. Loophole - You can post segments and snippets, indicating that the baseball cap instructions may be found in Book XYZ, then discussing how the wings are a variant ... this is a grey area. --> why dont you start and tell me where to find it in what book? that would also help me alot...
4. You might sketch out your thought process for other people to use for discovery.--> isnt wriggles doing so?!
5. What you do through personal messages (with restraint) is also a grey area. --> why is that?!
6. You may not sell anything or submit it as your own (unless you designed it independently, and then discovered it ... which we already know didn't happen ... but for future reference...--> who is intenting to do so?! please dont put words or thoughts in others mouth....for future references...
thank you!

I believe I did not ask for anything illegal here...and if you cannot help me to find the original other...then please let others help me to fold a hat with wings...because your contribution did not help anyone at all..at least not in my thread...

cheers,

e-mo
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

They were just answering my question, I don't think they meant any harm.
The rest of the crease pattern is taking too long to draw, so I'm just going to make some instructions when I get back tonight =P
edit: I'll have instructions by tomorrow hopefully
Last edited by wriggles on December 21st, 2013, 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Post by Mir Numaan »

if i figured out this thing, can i then post the cp or anything like that?
Btw, i think the designer of this model is the same person who designed the simple cap without wings (which i posted before). Try contacting him and lets see what happens
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Post by Swapnil Das »

Great job, Wriggles! That is just what I thought at first.
We're all stories in the end.

My flickr Please visit and comment as much as you can!
e-mo

Post by e-mo »

mir numaan wrote:if i figured out this thing, can i then post the cp or anything like that?
Btw, i think the designer of this model is the same person who designed the simple cap without wings (which i posted before). Try contacting him and lets see what happens

I think the cap you linked is not done by the same author...it looks completely different.

@wriggles:
super job..looks great! I think it is still different from the hat I posted but that is perfectly fine :-)

looking forward for the instructions...thanks

e-mo
JamesOrigami490

Post by JamesOrigami490 »

mir numaan wrote:if you are getting so excited to fold such a simple model, then i don't know what will you do when you will see kamiyas ancient dragon. Anyways, i may try to reverse engineer the model for you. :)
Mir... :|

People still fold simple models no matter what their skill level is. It looks like a fun model for me, even though it's simple. You can't just assume that because someone wants to fold a simple model they have low skill level.
Hi! I'm James, in 7th grade, and an avid paperfolder/writer.
My imgur
My Website