Robert J. Lang - A Miura-ken Beauty Rose

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Rusty

Re: A Miura-ken Beauty Rose

Post by Rusty »

Bugfolder wrote:Wow, I am really impressed by what people have accomplished, and the variety and beauty of your efforts!

If you're still struggling, real official complete diagrams will appear in the JOAS 12th Convention book.

Robert
I am a bit of a newbie, is the JOAS convention books the same as the Tanteidan books? and is this book available now? and is it possible to order this from other places than Japan?

Rusty
Norway
mithrandir

Post by mithrandir »

I am a bit of a newbie, is the JOAS convention books the same as the Tanteidan books? and is this book available now? and is it possible to order this from other places than Japan?
yes. It's the tanteidan conv. books. You cam buy it here: http://www.origamihouse.jp/
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

mithrandir wrote: yes. It's the tanteidan conv. books. You cam buy it here: http://www.origamihouse.jp/
Is there nowhere else to buy them from, I don't think I can pay them easily from Norway. I would have to pay for foreign cash and then send it buy airmail.

Rusty
mithrandir

Post by mithrandir »

The price (US$30) includes shipping and handling fee... I don't think you can get it cheaper (or even that you can get it from somewhere else)
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

It is not the price, but I can't transfer the money from Norway. They don't take VISA or any other easy payment and IPMO doesn't seem to work.

Rusty
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

June Sakamoto offers the possibility to pay for Origami House books via paypal for an additional fee to cover the paypal costs. The Tanteidan Convention Book 12 costs 34$ that way.
If you are interested I can give you her email adress via PM (I don't want to post the email in public for spam-reasons).
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
megas_xlr

Post by megas_xlr »

A little help here plz... when I try to twist the rose ,the seperated part start to overlapping.Which direction should I twist?
megas_xlr

Post by megas_xlr »

BTW, can I have a view at the base of daydreamer from different angle plz??? ( the top view ) and the pic when u'r colapsing it? It would be a great deal of help.
oripuffin

Post by oripuffin »

After trying for a day, reading tips from here and there, finally able to collapse the model but still fail in twisting it into a rose.

I find this quite helpful.
The way to collapse it is similar to "spring into action", you form a
cylinder and you fold a section, then on top of that goes the next section
and you keep going until you get to the other end of the paper.

JeJ
http://www1.ttcn.ne.jp/%7Ea-nishi/spring/z_spring.html

Could someone please help about the twisting?
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

I really like this rose and want to make it. I suck at CPs so I bought the Tanteidan book and I am trying to fold the diagrams. I am having problems 30, 31 and 32. I don't see how much I should pull out. Could someone maybe post a few pictures or something? I also wonder how to actually do the rotations/curl in the following steps.

Anders
Norway
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Should I just pull the flaps out entirely?

Anders
Norway
Wen Fu Kai

Post by Wen Fu Kai »

Rusty, don't pull all the way out, just only enough to make it seem "natural" --if you don't pull out it seems geometric, but pulling out-- this gives the Lang rose "shape" and room to expand when you twist.
BarneyL

Post by BarneyL »

Would anyone happen to have a picture say one or two steps into collapsing the crese pattern?
When I do it instead of getting the pentagon with concentrically increasing holes in the middle I get increasingly small stacked solid pentagons.
Problem seems to be that after pleatng the rows which forms a sort of series of steps at the bottom my diaganal reverse folds are going round the wrong way.

Barney
¤ » SU§HI « ¤

A Miura-ken Beauty Rose diagram

Post by ¤ » SU§HI « ¤ »

hi, im a big fan of origami and have been folding for years. i found that as i get better, theres less and less diagrams that meet my level. i have found the "A Miura-ken Beauty Rose" by Robert Lang and was astonished! ive searched for an hour or so now but all i can get is this crease chart on this website:

http://www.langorigami.com/art/creasepa ... terns.php4

does anyone have a traditional step by step diagram for this rose?
thanks for the help! ^_^
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Diagrams for the model can be found in Origami Tanteidan Convention book 12.
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin