Komatsu Lion

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
My Funny Money

Post by My Funny Money »

Mufasa! Ooo, say it again!

Lol, that lion looks so cool! Brings back memories of watchin' those good old disney movies. Thanks for the cool post!
HankSimon
Buddha

Lion Diagrams

Post by HankSimon »

Yes - Your Lions are amazing! Perfect ! Please ask Roman Diaz for permission... and we'll be happy to help with the English... You have been able to see something that the rest of us admire greatly... and would also like to understand.

Thanks,

- Hank Simon
fmatt

Post by fmatt »

wooowowoowoww

that lion is soo awesome!!

you haveee to ask roman diaz for permission O_O!
JVega

Post by JVega »

I have already asked to Román. When he answer me, and when having a bit of time, I shall translate that...

Please, be patient ;)
whitefang938

crease folds

Post by whitefang938 »

Hello. I actually posted before, but somehow the post did not load:(. Anyway, I am a newbie here, and I have enbarked on an origami project. The thing I need help in now is crease patterns. I can never understand them... Can a senior please advice? Thanks! :lol:
Trekker_1983

Post by Trekker_1983 »

Hi, whitefang938!
Anermak should be one of the great mentors for you :D
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Please! Use the search function! There are so many topics already on Crease Patterns...
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
whitefang938

CP

Post by whitefang938 »

I have tried searching the net, and it turned up a number of results. Problem is I don't understand it :(
Is Anermak a member of this forum? Pardon my ignorance.
Last edited by whitefang938 on June 19th, 2016, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
HellStorm

Post by HellStorm »

i understand that it is annoying to see all these newbies constantly asking for help. but speaking for myself i can say that i have searched a long time and read various crease pattern guides. however this is a very complex pattern where large parts seem to fold at once.
so, general directions or hints on the order of the folding process are all i'm hoping for. at least for the hind legs.

greetings
whitefang938

Komatsu lion

Post by whitefang938 »

Can anyone put up instructions on how to fold the crease pattern for the lion? I need to make a lion and would like to take a leaf from Komatsu's Lion so that I can create my own next time.

Thanks! Sorry for the trouble... :oops:
Last edited by whitefang938 on June 19th, 2016, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Maybe if you PM (click the messages button at the top of the page) anermak and ask him, he will make a photo diagram for you.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
whitefang938

Post by whitefang938 »

Hello, i tried PM-ing Anermak, but there is no response. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Last edited by whitefang938 on June 19th, 2016, 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
saj

Post by saj »

I wondered whether anyone has heard any more about Hideo's book, and when it might be published? I've been meaning to fold this model for some time now, but I lack the skill to decipher the CP.
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.
Rdude

Post by Rdude »

Now I'm not sure of the details, but I was lucky enough to be in Seth Friedman's Cooper's Hawk class at PCOC, and during the conversation the topic of Hideo Komatsu's book was brought up, and Seth said that it is supposed to be ready pretty soon, so if you want more specific info than that, try emailing him and ask if he knows.

I really am looking forward to folding this lion, and Komatsu's wolf too, so I'm hoping it's gonna be in the book as well.

Rdude
If you can't fold it, try a bazooka.
My Flickr ->
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rdudevr55/
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

Man, after two attempts, I finally collapsed the CP for the Lion (I used kami both times... not durable enough for guess and check work). After doing his wolf and sheep, I'm even more convinced that Komatsu is an absolute nut. I don't get how such a chaotic CP folds flat. It's can't wait for his book to reveal his folding sequences. It's gonna be mind-blowing.