Sierpinski gasket - Morisue - translation?

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
orangewetland

Sierpinski gasket - Morisue - translation?

Post by orangewetland »

Hi!
I was wondering if anyone has the COS 2013 book (Czech Origami Society) & can translate the Japanese text in the instructions for Kei Morisue's Sierpinski Gasket L5 (2012/01/10)? Particularly the text before step 1, the text under step 1, 13 & 14.
I understand that for diagramming purposes only a portion of the paper is shown but I was curious what might be said about how to precrease the entire truncated triangle from the entire starting square. I was going to mark off the bottom left quarter of a square and precrease the 1/6 segment of the triangle as shown and then use those creases to form the rest of the segments symmetrically (triangle won't be centered in the square). Just curious though about whether the text suggests something or what others might do.
Thanks!
TheNewOrigamist
Location: Surprise, Arizona, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: Sierpinski gasket - Morisue - translation?

Post by TheNewOrigamist »

I do not have the book, but I can help with the translating. Go to google translate, make it japanese to english, and then change the input method to handwritten. There should be a small pencil in the bottom left corner. just click it and change the input method. The software it uses to recognize kanji isn't the best, but it usually gets it right. It's a loooong process, but you should be able to translate it. Hope I helped!
HAVE SHOME SHPARKULZ!(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧