Step 26 of Nguyen Hung Coung Butterfly?

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Wuggums47

Step 26 of Nguyen Hung Coung Butterfly?

Post by Wuggums47 »

In the book Vog2 page 124, step 26 it says I am supposed to push the corner upwards. the picture shows three arrows, 2 of which are white, and one of which is black. I think this means closed sink, but I'm not sure. The picture also shows a mountain fold line, and if you did a closed sink, it would be a valley fold there. What am I supposed to do?
Be who you are, do things because you want to do them, and stop caring what others think. Then you'll be happy.
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Re: Step 26 of Nguyen Hung Coung Butterfly?

Post by Mir Numaan »

that step is quite easy, all you have to do is closed un-sink the layer up. If it was not clear, i can make a photo diagram. Also, the mountain fold in the diagram is wrong, its a valley fold, IMO.
Wuggums47

Post by Wuggums47 »

Thank you so much for your reply, so soon after I asked too. This solves everything, thanks for your offer to make a diagram, but I think I know what to do.
Be who you are, do things because you want to do them, and stop caring what others think. Then you'll be happy.
Wuggums47

Post by Wuggums47 »

I need help again, I'm at step 69-70 and I don't understand them one bit. When I get to step 70 there is no corner to push in. Did I do step 66 wrong, if so how do I do that?
Edg

Post by Edg »

If I remember correctly, there's no corner as such, the flap should be curved towards you where the valley fold is shown (step 70) You need to push that in so it curves away, to allow that valley fold. I always seem to struggle with intermediate steps like this! I just messed around until it looked right ( the colour change is only on the front face of the flap) Hope this helps/makes sense! :)
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Post by Mir Numaan »

i explained it roughly
http://imgur.com/a/cHHS6
sorry if it doesn't help :(

you would have done step 66 incorrectly.there should be a corner which needs to be pushed in slightly. Then hold 2 layers on the left side and the one single layer (3rd layer) on the right side and make a series of outside reverse folds.
Wuggums47

Post by Wuggums47 »

Are those steps 69-70, or some different steps? Your paper doesn't look like mine.
Wuggums47

Post by Wuggums47 »

Never mind, figured it out, thanks Mir, thanks Edg!
Hopefully this is the last time I need to ask about this model.
Wuggums47

Post by Wuggums47 »

I can't explain how this is possible, but despite doing it already, I forgot how to do step 66 again. Maybe I'm not meant to finish this model on the first try, it's looking pretty mangled...
Edg

Post by Edg »

Keep going! Learn what you can of the model this time, then you'll get a better result next time. That's how I go about things anyway. Then again, sometimes a good old rage quit is just as helpful :wink: Its a tricky model,this one, I think :)
sebastien75

Post by sebastien75 »

hello everybody
i have an issue with the steps 75 to 77
i open the layer step 75, fold the close sink after that i close the layer step76 allong the valley fold line.
it s easy ... but when i look at the step 77 the externa edge of this flap is not straight as it was on step 75
i don't understand how it is possible to obtain a split edge whith the valley fold of a straight line
thank you for your help