Help/Tips Precreasing

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
CurlyCrescnt86

Re: Help/Tips Precreasing

Post by CurlyCrescnt86 »

I came to step 32 before I had a mess of folds, and the paper was close to tearing in some areas. I used standard printer paper because I had nothing else on me.
Origami is truly elegant.

Email me at hgss649@gmail.com
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

Printer paper is not going too work on this model. I ruined at least three large (+50cm) sheets on this model, also getting totally confused when making the precreases. Gave up on the model after that... Might try again someday. You could try huong cong eagle. Still complex but easier. You will still need a large thin sheet though!
origamifan11

Post by origamifan11 »

roodborst wrote:Printer paper is not going too work on this model. I ruined at least three large (+50cm) sheets on this model, also getting totally confused when making the precreases. Gave up on the model after that... Might try again someday. You could try huong cong eagle. Still complex but easier. You will still need a large thin sheet though!
Umm... Isn't he already talking about Hung Cuong's Eagle?
About to start start Ryujin (test-folding at the moment)
My Old Flickr
My New Flickr
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

Hhhm you are very right. I mixed up some of the names, after 20 minutes of searching I finally found what I was looking for:
huang trung tan (or tahn) not sure found 7 different ways to spell the guys name.
eagle.
Diagram is in 50 hours of origami and when searching I found a youtube tutorial that I haven't used myself but might be usefull; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st5ctDnvlJY
CurlyCrescnt86

Post by CurlyCrescnt86 »

gordigami wrote:Perhaps a bit of common sense may be useful here...
In order for anyone to help you, it is imperative that you indicate exactly how far, to what step number , you have comfortably advanced to, thus far.
I hope that you have at least gotten to step 43 & 44 , which are the amended diagram steps .
Clearly speaking, there are 221 steps overall, many of which are fairly challenging .
This might be a project better placed on hold, until you have more experience with other easier, but increasingly difficult, models .
We've all had moments where we've bitten off more than we can chew, have applied further study & diligence , then resumed to tackle the problematic complex model at a later time .
one of my main problembs is using the guides I make for future creases

CurlyCrescnt86

Post by CurlyCrescnt86 »

roodborst wrote:Printer paper is not going too work on this model. I ruined at least three large (+50cm) sheets on this model, also getting totally confused when making the precreases. Gave up on the model after that... Might try again someday. You could try huong cong eagle. Still complex but easier. You will still need a large thin sheet though!
The nguyen hung coung eagle is what Im trying

bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

there are reasons why the forum has rules.

the idea of using preexisting threads is so that users who encounter the same problem as you can use the search engine. by INSISTING that YOUR problems each require their own thread, you make the already outdated search engine more useless.

i will post hints in the appropriate topic here.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5639&hilit=Eagle
CurlyCrescnt86

Post by CurlyCrescnt86 »

sorry dad ._.