Hojyo Takashi- God of Thunder CP Help

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
TheNewOrigamist
Location: Surprise, Arizona, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Hojyo Takashi- God of Thunder CP Help

Post by TheNewOrigamist »

So, I recently got the Tanteidan 10th convention book, and the God of Thunder is one of the things I want to make because it's pretty awesome n' stuff. Now, I've checked out Flickr and the people who folded it say it's from a square, and I believe it. But why is the CP a 1:2 rectangle (I'm assuming it is, it looks like half a square)? Am I correct in assuming it's because the CP is symmetrical? After all, the model itself is pretty even on both sides, the leg that's (for lack of a better word) kicking is because of the shaping, as I've seen it in different positions. I know this is probably pretty redundant, but I wanted to double check and get some different, more informed opinions.
HAVE SHOME SHPARKULZ!(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
phillipcurl

Re: Hojyo Takashi- God of Thunder CP Help

Post by phillipcurl »

i've never seen the cp but from what you said it sounds like you just mirror the image on the other side of the paper, so yes it is a square.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
TheNewOrigamist
Location: Surprise, Arizona, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: Hojyo Takashi- God of Thunder CP Help

Post by TheNewOrigamist »

Thanks, I poked around the forum a little more and found the full CP of it. I did waste a lot of time translating the kanji though. Oh well. Thanks for the help, phillipcurl! :D
HAVE SHOME SHPARKULZ!(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧